Arcana: the downfall

“I still wish I could go.”
Melissa said with a huff.

“We’ve been over this. Its too dangerous. I’m sure you’ll get to do lots of exciting stuff when you’re older. But right now you have to stay here.”
Edward calmly explained.

“Fine.”
Melissa said, though none happier.

Tortwig swallowed her bite. “Any idea what we’re going to do, though? I mean, we need some sort of a plan.”

A Hydra head lifted up from the forge, as molten metal drips off it, it tilts, sensing Melissa’s agitation

“I sent some worker bots to scout out the area last night. They should be back soon.”
Edward replied.

Tortwig nodded. “Great!”

Frostvin sipped his tea.

“If Melissa is staying, then so shall I. My purpose is to assist in her care and well being, and because of this I cannot leave her side.”
Said Delta.

The Hydra head nods in agreement

Melissa took notice of the three friendly faces and smiled, petting each one.

Edward took notice. His eyes followed the hydra necks all the way to the forge entrance. Living with this thing was going to take some getting used to.

They coo affectionately

Edward returned to his meal, while Melissa fed each head a piece of sausage.

They happily ate

Saras starts to eat as well. “Thank you, this is great.” He says.

1 Like

Frostvin shrugged. “No problem. I really ought to pick up some cookware for the road. Maybe they’ll have some in Nordum.”

Tortwig finished her breakfast. She left the table to go pack her things.

Edward quickly finished eating and went to his bedroom to get an extra robo limb harness.

Oliver watched the Hydra heads

A few minutes later Edward walked out of his room. This different harness only had four limbs instead of six, and each end contained a machete blade as supposed to the small science equipment.

He stopped in his tracks as soon as he noticed the cooled and solidified molten metal on the floor in the hall leading to the forge. It didn’t take long to realize how it got there.

This is going to take a lot of getting used to.
He thought with great annoyance and frustration.

1 Like

Tortwig walked back in. “Ready to roll!”

Saras gets up and nods. “Same here.”

“Beta, get some cleaner bots, and a sentinel just to be safe, and tell them to clean this up.”
Edward said with a sigh.

He then walked to the others.
“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”
He said.

Frostvin nodded. “Yeah. Let’s do this.”