Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

"Yes, " Dad replied.

“Oh, no.” Ryko’s eyes widened in horror.
“That’s not good at all.” He dismointed the horse and began setting out various leaves and powders, mixing them together.
“Never thought that I would have to make this…” he muttered.

“Uh…what’s wrong?” asked Asher.

1 Like

“It’s complicated.” Ryko says, his voice strained.
“Basically, I’ve tested so many chemicals and potions and substances on myself that other chemicals, such as anesthetic, have… odd effects. Anesthetic? It deteriorates my blood cells. I need to counteract that with a highly energetic solution. I call it-” he held up a small vial with yellow, swirling liquid. “Lightning in a bottle. Only ever had to make it once before.”
@Wolf_Pack

“Well, I hope it works. We’ll remember not to use anesthetic again.”

Ryko nodded, before sipping a fraction of the liquid.
He shuddered, before smiling. He stood up.
“Hello-world!” He said.
“I-forgot-how-amazing-this-feels!”
@Wolf_Pack

“You’re not going to feel too amazing if we get caught by some Nikidians. Let’s get out of here.” said Asher.

Ryko nodded very fast.
“Right, right. Let’s go!” He hopped on his horse.
“Lets go best the stuffing outta some soldiers.” He said excitedly.

“Oh, I hope that stuff wears off soon,” Asher said as he mounted his horse. They hurried away toward the city gate.

“Yee-haw!” Ryko called, riding his horse after Asher.
He rushed past his young friend and rode towards the city.

“Ryko, you might want to be careful we don’t get-oh no.” A couple of Nikidian soldiers were walking around on patrol and saw Ryko acting like a maniac.

They might see some guards waiting there, making sure they knew every time someone left or entered the city. They would be the ones to see the two. “Halt!” They said to them.

Ryko pulled out a pistol and fired it at the soldiers, before pulling out his other one and firing it at them.

“That might not be the wisest idea!” Asher called out. “Nevermind.” He pulled out his pistol and fired at another guard.

“Don’t care!” He yelled. He loaded and fired again.

One guard went down, while the other one fired his musket at Ryko’s horse, trying to topple him. The gunfire alerted other nearby guards to their positions.

The horse fell, sending Ryko flying through the air. He dropped towards one of the soldiers, yelling all the way.
@Runa

The soldiers would dive out of the way, letting him scrape his body against the cobble roads, which would probably hurt.

Jacques went out, taking a walk around his temporary domain, checking out what it is like when not in the throws of battle.

Ryko struck the ground, landing on his arm. He stood up and smiled.
“What fun!” He said, firing a pistol at the nearest soldiers.

The soldier was hit in the arm, but that didn’t stop him from firing his musket at Ryko.