Do You Have A "Bad Taste In Music"?

Something like BFMV? That sucks.

But to be honest, Dethklok is as metal as Nekrogoblikon or Turmion Kätilöt: genuine, silly metal - not that it’s a bad thing. Sometimes you simply want to listen to something lighthearted like Grand Ball or Castracticon.

Do I have bad taste in music??

Eh
Depends on my mood
and whether or not you consider comedic music to be an actual genre.

Like, ERB/Weird Al type stuff?

1 Like

Yar =P
that stuff is the best

2 Likes

Did you run off with pirates during your several-month absence or something? :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed.

2 Likes

I might have.
I might have not…

######yar

There’s also some… very questionable choices… all put together in a playlist by moi.

Here is a wonderful sample (RIP headphone users) (language advisory):
https://soundcloud.com/theyoshimelo/skrill-the-tank

and also (language advisory):
https://soundcloud.com/darkpyre/the-real-thomas-the-tank

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING

5 Likes

In his defense, classic music is criminally underrated. But it is pretty annoying/pretentious when someone only likes one type of genre.

I have a “friend” who I would consider to not have a bad taste in music, but more like a taste that no one else in our friend group likes. He keeps trying to get us to like it, and that leads to a lot of friction.

I feel like people are curators for whatever they like, and you are best served by finding someone that has similar tastes to what you like, and going off that. If you’re a curator for music I don’t like, I consider you to have a bad taste in music, but it’s not a bad taste in music, if you get what I mean.

8 Likes

Someone said I had bad taste once for listening to Hans Zimmer. More specifically the interstellar soundtrack.

They listen to Iggy and people like that.

4 Likes

Yeah, but we can’t all have exactly the same likes and dislikes. And while this particular friend doesn’t share my taste in music, we both have massive passion for BIONICLE, Avatar, and Christianity . So while we can disagree on certain things, we have many more in common. And besides, I think it’s good to have people in your life who are able to offer you push-back, to debate with you, to challenge your views. With friends like that, it becomes much more difficult to be complacent and narrow-minded.

/late night life essay over :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

that’s total bull####. You should meet my sisters and mom myself. we are all with you in that genre(also if you’re also into metal as well as me). BTW if you want a sweet band with a female singer, look into In This Moment, she’s a beast.

Nah.
One of them was just an insufferable idiot. That’s all… He’s gone now from my school and may be coming back, but I hope that he doesn’t.

Also to add to the whole discussion I loathe people who think that they are better than anybody else, especially when it’s a subjective matter like music.
Personally I listen to different kinds of music. There is no genre which I like better (though I don’t listen to metal most of the time).
@JMP
Viper is not the only one :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

You really only can have a bad taste in music according to others, if you like your taste then to you it isn’t bad.
I, for one, love most game soundtracks, and songs in which synth, piano, or violin have a big focus.
My little brother likes classical music and dislikes many soundtracks from newer games, but to each their own.

2 Likes

I wonder what music he thinks is for girls, R&B, Dance?! Music is for emotion, not gender.
I’ve been part of several of those situations. I listen to a lot of music with no lyrics and a lot of people seem to think that music is boring if it doesn’t have words in it and people can be really judgemental regarding heavy metal as well. Just because a piece of work doesn’t trigger you doesn’t mean its bad.
I dont have a specific music taste its usually what I fancy listening to at the time whether it be from Tayor Swift to Slipknot. : )

10 Likes

I’m the same

I do kind of like Kanye West, and I don’t agree he is a bad singer. Is he a bad person? Yes, but not a bad singer.

1 Like

…ouch

1 Like

I as well. My cousin once said to me: “You have no musical talent or taste.” because I didn’t like a song that he liked. Everyone also tells me I’m a weirdo because I like classical music.
-Yuedom

3 Likes

Classical makes me feel like a super genius when doing homework. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh, I think you took the wrong message from what I was trying to say. When I say we’re curators of certain things, I don’t mean that we should only be surrounded by like-minded people. That’s pretty unhealthy and unproductive.

What I mean is that curators are important when it comes to media, and choosing what kind of media you consume. I have a friend who likes a lot of movies that I like. So if he suggests a movie that I didn’t know of, or that I didn’t think I would like, I am more inclined to see that because I know his taste and if he liked it, there’s a greater chance that I will like it.

There’s also a girl I know who has a similar taste in books, but we have non-similar tastes in music. Different mediums, different curators. But the idea still sticks.

4 Likes

@Kahi, so basically you’re saying that we should have friends who like similar things so that we can be more introduced to more content we might like?

1 Like