Funny issues you've faced when MOCing

I lacked the urge to build and sold all of my pieces for only $40 to only want to start building again a few months later. That’s my funniest, yet saddest issue.

4 Likes

Me with chicken legs on the last color scheme of my SM

When you finish building a moc and you realize you used to small or to big of a type of piece and it looks funky.

one wing angel plays

When you come up with a really cool concept in your head and subsequently realize that you have neither the correct parts nor the mocing ability to execute said concept.

3 Likes

Good one

Seems my topic has been forced back to like so I’ll throw it a bone with something that’s recently happened to me. A MOC so out of the ordinary for your average creation that not only does it take a solid week to build, but causes you to spend £30 on Bricklink because it uses an insanely large amount of parts.

Money well spent I think, but that’s not for me to decide…

1 Like

Neck pains.

#####What? Looking down for hours hurts…

######Also my eyes sometimes go wonky looking through dozens of pieces for “The One.”

3 Likes

YAY IM NOT THE ONLY NINETY YEAR OLD

1 Like

I found a piece in my collection and realized that it would be perfect for the MOC I’m working on. I then proceeded to drop said piece, which is apparently the only one in my collection.

2 Likes

Oof. That stinks.

I’ll find it. Eventually.

2 Likes

eventually

2 Likes

i want to build a samurai using the aquagon mask and now i found out while trying out version 1 of my dark lord that one of these:link look like a samurai skirt upside down

I was building a toa of fire, and he was gonna be super buff and big. I finished his super complex torso and got to work on his legs, which turned out super skinny looking no matter what I did. I wrecked the torso to make it smaller, and then I couldn’t figure out how to do it…

I ended up scrapping the moc.

1 Like

what a shame, that would’ve looked hilarious

2 Likes

trust me, it did.
I started with trying to incorporate a system motorcycle shell into the torso… I wasn’t great at bionicle so it just ended up looking fat.

2 Likes

I tried to pull out a Barraki tooth that was attached to a blue 1.25 pin, and the pin shattered into several pieces.

~W12~

3 Likes

When you’re too lazy to reorganize your pieces after you’ve finished a MOC, so you shove the leftovers into a bin somewhere.

And then proceed to forget about those pieces whenever you go to MOC again…

3 Likes

Tell me about it. I still need to finish my organizing and I’ve got a couple of boxes of parts I’ve been too lazy to reorganize.

1 Like