Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension

I don’t know, it seems to me that LEGO did influence the show more or less, even if it wasn’t made by them. Nick Vas, a LEGO designer, shared with us a lot of the Galidor concept art, most of it made by LEGO designers who were working at LEGO at the time. Which is strange, because usually LEGO would base their sets off the concept art of a licensed property, and not the other way around.

1 Like

@LegoDavid you are absolutely right. I just watched that eljay show episode today. I was really shocked to learn that lego did all the concept art. I suppose I shouldn’t believe everything I read on Wikipedia :sweat_smile:
Since that is the case, I would love to see an ideas set produced with Galidor mini figs, that’s probably the best we could hope for at this point as far as more Galidor sets.

1 Like

Are you literally the only confirmed person on the net to have this dang thing? I would almost really be willing to pay $400 for it. I can’t find anything showing this is a real comic beyond your scan and a McDonalds ad showing a kid flipping through the comic. I’m currently doing a ton of research about Galidor and would love the opportunity to speak with you about the comic. Even scans of it. It’s a truly rare piece I would love the chance to cover.

3 Likes

This is absolutely real, I got it as an eight year old back in fall 2002 at McDonalds and kept it in a container with my LEGO magazines for nearly twenty years. There are simple activities for kids to do inside. I’ll message you the scans Wednesday/Thursday-ish when I get out of work but there really isn’t a whole lot to it other than the novelty it being Galidor and having been given away for free for only a month or so when the promotion happened, kinda like how the Tohunga had a similar McDonalds booklet during that promotion.

2 Likes

Do this, and you’ll be doing God’s work

4 Likes