Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Okay, one last trip.” Blake said picking her up. “Because I really wanna get out of this armor.”

“■■■■, I forgot we had to get her a present.” She said helping put the presents up.

1 Like

“Well, Want to go now?” Sarah asked her.

Leo showed up with a box. “I’m going to drop this off, I’m going to quickly check on Kyanna.” He said as he ran off.

Ana placed a jacket in a bag. “I think it’s her size…”

2 Likes

“It’s fine. You can take the credit for mine I suppose. I’ll make a cop out and say the party was my present.” Tom said.

Mary grabbed Melanie. “I’m ready!” Mary smiled.

Joanna chuckled.

Tom nodded. “Don’t miss it!” Tom called to Leo. Being Mary’s uncle, he hoped he’d make it before their guest arrived. He then took the gifts from the arriving Sky and Grace.

1 Like

Zorya finally emerged from the shower, he was still in his armor that was dripping wet covered in some patches of soap, he stared at himself in the mirror and grabbed a towel “this is extremely small, I need something bigger” he said to himself as he looked to his bed sheets and sighed.

2 Likes

He carried Joanna to the party, walking in and letting her down.

“Thanks.” Kaitlynn said

2 Likes

Scarlett looked at the invitation on her Datapad “We have been invited to a birthday party.”

“Do you want to go?” Sovekus asked.

Scarlett rubbed her teary eyes “I think it will be nice…”

“Alright. I’ll give you some time to freshen up”

2 Likes

Sarah hugged Mary and picked her up. “Actually let’s wait a little, Tom will let us know when it’s all ready.”

Leo roamed the halls and found where Kyanna would be. He didn’t enter. “Athena, contact Kel. Ask if it’d be okay if I stopped by.”
Athena nodded and did so.

2 Likes

“i am not sure, she has just been staring out this window and crying for over an hour… it might be safe to enter but i do not know” Kel responded

2 Likes

Athena related it to Leo.
He nodded and took a deep breath. He knocked on the door and entered slowly.

2 Likes

kyanna didn’t turn to look at him as he entered

2 Likes

“Hey Kyanna.” Leo said as he stood by the door.

2 Likes

Joanna hugged Blake. “Thanks, lovely.” Joanna said.

“Oh, yeah, it’s a date with him. I almost forgot. Do boys usually take so long to get ready?” Mary asked impatiently.

1 Like

“I don’t got a choice, so your welcome.” He said looking to Tom, then around at the Mess Hall. “So, this is why you shut it down?”

“Yup, by the way. You two might want to join in on this.” Kaitlynn said raising the gift Tom let her use. “I’ll just put your guys name on it.”

2 Likes

Tom chuckled. “And the engineer that built it needs credit.”

“You’re” Joanna said.

1 Like

“Ummm okay.” Kaitlynn said, signing the twos name.

“Anyway, you know your due date Joanna? Or we just gonna have to take a shot in the dark?” She asked

2 Likes

Kyanna let out a long sigh “what?” she said

2 Likes

“I came to check on how you’re doing.” Leo said to her.

“Not really… maybe he’s cooking for us.” Sarah said.

2 Likes

“how do you think i am doing?” she said angrily as she went to punch the window but Kel locked her armor at the last second

“that was too close…” Kel said sighing with relief

2 Likes

Leo sighed. “I’m sorry if I bothered you… I’ll just leave if that’s what you want.” He said.

2 Likes

“It looks like a shot in the howling dark.” Joanna said.

“Sky, what did you get her?” Grace asked.

“A stuffed bear. You?” Sky asked.

“A purse for her to carry Melanie in.” Grace said.

“That’s absolutely adorable. She’ll love it.” Sky said.

“I hope it’s macaroni. I love macaroni.” Mary said, smiling. Sadly there was none at the party.

2 Likes