Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Alright…well, I’m sure you’re close anyway…it’s close to 9 months right?” She said.

“I think so.” Blake said, finally putting Joanna down.

2 Likes

unlock me Kyanna ordered in her head. Kel knew what she was thinking so he did so. Kyanna turned around and grabbed Leo, holding him tighter than she ever had before “i want… to kill her… for what she did” Kyanna said “but it will solve nothing…”

2 Likes

Leo hugged Kyanna. He was getting crushed as he wasn’t in armor. “I know it won’t… I wish there was a way… to help fix this…” he said. “But I know there’s no way…”

2 Likes

“no there is not…” Kyanna said “you… are the only thing i have left… the only shred of my existence now…”

2 Likes

Leo nodded and hugged her tighter. “Then I have to make sure to be here for you.”

2 Likes

Kyanna just stayed silent and held him

2 Likes

“Want me to leave you alone for a while? Or would you like to come to a party for Mary?”

2 Likes

Scarlett reappeared with damp hair hair and new clothes. Sovekus removed his helmet and placed it on the table.

“We don’t have a present for her…” Scarllet said meekly.

“Would she like a Jiralhanae war banner?” Sovekus asked.

Scarlett giggled.

4 Likes

Kyanna thought for a moment “i will come with” she said

2 Likes

Leo smiled and took her hand. “Let’s go then.”

2 Likes

are you sure you wish to do this? Kel asked Kyanna

yes i am sure… i hope it will help me at least a bit

and what if Catina is there?

then you will stop me if i try to attack her, it is as simple as that Kyanna replied.

3 Likes

The Vulcan’s were hard at work in the Dark Star II’s kitchen. They seemed totally focused in what they were doing, although slightly less beneficent than while in the secret condition, but they were still a force to be reckoned with.

2 Likes

“I was curious if you wanted to move into my room?” Leo asked her.

2 Likes

“i will need to think about it” kyanna said

2 Likes

(Editors note: Blair arc has sadly been canceled, so this a alternate ending from the originally planned ending where The Foxtrots could have earned a gifted techcian and allowed a new character to join the RP, but instead this happens.)

Falnorth sat atop the balcony his feet dangling, silent, staring down at the dark and empty training room. He held a small photoframe in his hands that he gripped tightly out of fear.

The door behind him opened as Blair walked in, fully armored and her SMG in hand. “Nathan…” She said with sympathy in her voice before being cut off by him.

“How bad is it out there? Before they come for me?” He asked, his tone scared yet calm. She sighed and walked over to him, putting her gun down on the floor and joining at his side, taking her helmet off and putting it in her lap.

“They just finished shutting down the main area, hangar is on lockdown, A.I.’s are wiped, and the drones are loaded up and being moved to be scrapped.” She told him, not turning to face him. He took a deep breath and looked down at the photo.

He stared at the captured moment of him and his father, Nathan sat on his fathers lap as he had began working on blueprints of the earliest model of the ACHILLES unit. He felt a tear free itself and run down his cheek and onto the glass of the frame.

“I…I had promised my dad the moment I graduated from College I would help carry on his legacy. And now look.” He began to sniffle. “I…failed him.” He hung his head in defeat and cried heavily, feeling so upset to do something like this to his idol, to his hero, to his own father. It had hurt him in ways he could never imagine. Blair looked to Nathan in his saddened state, she had only known him for 11 months now, but Blair considered him to be a close friend. She didn’t know what to even say to him to comfort him.

“Blair…I don’t wanna go to Midnight. I don’t wanna suffer like that, I wanna be free, I wanna live the rest of my life.” He whined to her, his lip quivering as he kept hyper ventilating. “Please Blair, don’t let them take me. Do something please.”

She wrapped a arm around him and pulled him into a hug, she couldn’t tell him it would be okay or else she would be lying to her own friend. “Nathan…I’m sorry, I can’t do anything.” Suddenly she had an idea, she could save her friend from a lifetime of torture and pain, she looked down to her side and produced her magnum and set it on his lap.

“It’s the only way they won’t be able to take you.” She whispered, as Nathan leaned closer into her and reached for the magnum his hand shaking as he wrapped his fingers around the grip, the gun shaking with his hand as he stared at the recently cleaned metal of the gun.

“Can you do it?” He asked her, as Blair let him go “No, you have to do it yourself. Or else they’ll know I did it.” She told him. Thousand of thoughts ran through Nathan’s head, did he want to yell at her for leaving him in such a state, Blame himself for all this, or thank Blair for giving him a way out of being sent to Midnight.

“Blair…what do I say?” He asked her.

“Don’t say anything…it’s already hard enough to have to say goodbye.” She said holding back her tears.

“No, this isn’t goodbye Blair, Goodbye doesn’t exist, I’m just gonna be busy at the moment.” He said, placing the photo to his side and grabbing the magnum tightely with one hand and cocking the gun halfway to check if it was loaded.

Blair turned away and grabbed her Helmet and SMG, getting up and walking away from Nathan, not turning to face him. She stopped at the door and stared at it. “Thank you.” She told him as Nathan was confused.

“For what?” He asked.

“For Being my friend through this hell Osmin put us through.” She said as the two both shared a small laugh together one last time.

“Y-Yeah, she’s a ■■■■■ ain’t she?” He asked as Blair as he turned to look at her, as she laughed a little louder.

“Yeah, biggest one in the known universe. No one can top her.” She responded as the two laughed softly at it, Nathan lettign a tiny smirk form. “Well, I Better get back to work…it was really fun talking to you Blair.” He said turning back to look at the gun.

“Yeah, I got work to do too…I’ll see you around right?” She asked.

“Of course, Whenever we’re both free we’ll hang out again.” He assured her, as Blair smiled and opened the door, letting Nathan be alone once again.

“I promise Blair, we’ll hang out again.” He whispered, pressing the cold barrel to his skull and shutting his eyes tight. 3…2… he counted down. 1.

3 Likes

“Yup.” Joanna smiled.

“If it’s not any trouble. I think the thought counts.” Tom smiled at the Brute.

(why cancel the blair arc(

1 Like

“Well Tom, you better not have anything planned for the next month.” Kailtynn teased him.

2 Likes

“Wh-what?” Tom blushed.

1 Like

“Ready?” Sarah asked Mary.

Leo walked back to the mess hall with Kyanna.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn shot him a look. “Get your head out of the ■■■■ gutter, I mean for Joanna when she gives birth. So Blake can be with her when she does, and I can be around so I can help, because I’m sure none of your medics don’t know how to deliver a baby.”

2 Likes