Let's Discuss Pokémon Let's go Evee and Let's go Pikachu

The trailer just dropped. My opinion. It’s interesting. Promising and worrisome.
Leave your thoughts and opinions!

1 Like

So, overall I’m still hyped for Pokémon switch!

Tho I can’t say I’m a fan of the Pokémon go esc capturing mechanic.

That it’s compatible with Pokémon go is nice but a bit of a waste of opportunities

1 Like

Agree about the capturing mechanic. But at least this isn’t the main series Pokémon game announced at E3 last year.

It isn’t, phew, that’s a relief!

For a minute or two I thought Nintendo screwed up big times

1 Like

They look like a fun, souped up experience for those who enjoy Pokemon GO. Probably works well for someone’s first Pokemon game.

From what I’ve heard (grain of salt), this is not the mainline Pokemon game on Switch. More Pokemon games are coming soon.

2 Likes

this looks extremely fun i am a huge pokemon fan and im glad pokemon finally follow you again

2 Likes

An interesting growth to Pokemon Go, but I think I’ll stick with the older style games. I don’t think I’ll be taking a squawking Pokeball to the cafe with me.

1 Like

Never saw the trailer, but it sounds interesting. I may stick to Pokken though

EDIT: saw the trailer. Looks neat. Still might not get it though

The newest instalment in the Pokémon Franchise…

Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee is an interesting concept that builds on Pokémon Go and the previous Pokémon games. It is very clear that it is a Red/Blue/Yellow Remake Remake (don’t forget firered/leafgreen) and it allows you to send Pokémon from your Pokémon Go (which can easily be abused imo). What I find interesting is that it offers Eevee as a starter, for those of you who didn’t know in Pokémon: Yellow, Eevee was supposed to be your starter until your Rival takes him and you’re forced to use Pikachu. In this remake it’s the first actual Pokémon Game with a story on console (besides the few for GameCube), and is the first to offer two player co-op. I do not own a switch so I will not get it (at least not for a while).

1 Like

My biggest concern with these games is this: They look like casual games from a casual series for casuals. This doesn’t sit well with me for some reason. Pokemon is a casual series for the most part. Things do get complex when you get into stuff like IV breeding, shiny hunting, and competitve play; but you don’t need those to enjoy the game. You can play the games without having to do any of that stuff.

If there is people that enjoy the Let’s Go games then that is fine with me. I’m just concerned all things considered. If you are into these games, buy them and tell Nintendo you want more of these.

1 Like

LGPLGE keep all the good mechanics and get rid of the annoying random encounters and wild battles, while also adding in a neat interactive catching mechanic that will surely break up the monotony of constant battling, helping the game to be varied and have a bit more flow to its gameplay.

Not only this, legendary battles are seemingly still there, and so is Mega Evolution. If casualization is a synonym for being more creative and varied with gameplay despite what the fanbase that loves stagnation wants, then I’m all for it. Pokemon rarely takes risks, so I’m glad they’re doing this.

Let’s also be honest here, if Pokemon GO had never existed and the motion catching mechanic was debuted for the first time in these games, no one would be complaining. Heck, I don’t think anyone would miss random encounters or wild battles either. We all used repels because THEY ANNOYED US. Wanting them back is like wanting HMs back.

What? They put Mega Evolutions in the game? Why? Why would you put in Mega Evolutions if you are making a game for people to sit down and enjoy? You could make the argument that they are for gym battles, But Gym battles are never that hard. If it is just for fun of it, okay then I guess. Megas are pretty fun in both competitive and casual play.

“If casualization is a synonym for being more creative and varied with gameplay despite what the fanbase that loves stagnation wants, them I’m all for it.”

No offense intended whatsoever, but don’t you think that is a generalization of the fanbase? I’m pretty sure very few people are actually okay with things staying the same. I know I am certainly not okay with things staying the same.

And who is the last paragraph directed at? No one in this topic is against the games. They’re either interested or indefferent to them.

Again, no Offense intended. But: I’ll be honest here, to me it feels like you are getting defensive with these games. There is no reason to be. There will be people who do not like these games. The best thing to do is ignore them. Nintendo won’t stop making the games because of what they say. They will stop making them if the sales are poor. This goes for any Let’s go fan or potential fan: Buy these games, spread the word, and tell Nintnedo you want more. They certainly have the money to make these things If past side games are any indication.

This is how I am interpreting your reply. I am sorry if this is a misinterpretation, Please correct me if I am wrong. And no hard feelings, I am just voicing my own thoughts on the matter at hand.

1 Like

No offense taken

One of the big things for me is, regardless of whether these games are good, or sell well, is that they aren’t replacing a more traditional entry in the series. Game Freak have said that they are hoping to launch a main series title much closer to what we expect in 2019, and I’m fairly sure that they would stick with that release window even if these two games didn’t exist.

That being said, I’m actually quite excited for these two. I mean, who in their right mind doesn’t want an Eevee that rides around on your head

1 Like