Majestic League VOL. 2

Soon, the lift starts descending faster, as they start going through a silver colored shoot. Soon the tube would transition to clear, revealing them to be coming through the center of a domed roof, leading down to a large circular room of primarily metal, it seemed.

To their left lay a large door, a screen above it reading “Training Lab.” To their right was another, reading “Operation: Green Stone.” To their front was a large table scattered with parts and pieces, with what seemed to be cupboards beneath, likely full of materials, and after that a large screen on the wall, surrounded by many smaller screens which held security camera footage from outside the house. Behind them was a wall with many glass containment units. Not even half of the large wall was full, but those that were had labeling screens on the front top, showing a name and a status, most reading “Shelved” in red.

Adam remarks,
“Impressive.”

Kaleo gapes in awe. He states,
“I take back what I just thought.”

“Better to keep it hidden I think.” He says as he steps off the lift when it reaches the bottom. He goes to the back and looks at the central containment unit, one large enough to hold a person and holding what seemed to be a lot of machinery similar to what Project: Runa himself was in, not including the organic parts. It was labeled “Project: Spe-futuri.” Runa opened the front and took out the project, setting it aside. “I’ll take care of that later. Help me get the robot in here. I doubt he’ll be asleep forever.” He heads over to Gridmaster and picks him up, starting to take him over to the container. “Then we’ll add electromagnetic field generators to mess with his grid abilities, so as to keep him less of a threat while we get what we want out of him.”

Adam nods,
“Just to note, I believe it goes both ways. from my understanding it messes electrical/magnetic forces just as much as they do to his energy source.”

Kaleo his jaw still at the floor,
“So…do you usually live in a giant mansion base thing?”

“This is where I usually live. I own upstairs and do use it from time to time, but whenever I’m not out dealing with criminals, I’m usually down in the lab either making new Projects, testing them and my fighting abilities in the training room, or overseeing Operation: Green Stone. There’s been many a night where I’ve even fallen asleep at the work table.” He said chuckling. “But to address you, Adam, I believe that what we can do is administer shocks of high voltage every three minutes or so, since high displacements of electrical or heat energy seem to be what really messes with this thing’s abilities.”

OOC: Also, if you’re curious about what was with the name of the project he took out, it’s Latin. It probably won’t come into play here, but maybe at some point in the future, though I haven’t decided yet.

1 Like

Adam nods,
“I agree with that.”

Runa nods. “The problem right now would be power. I don’t have enough Veriperium to power it, nor enough to waste on it in good faith. Perhaps a repurposed and slightly retooled generator would work?” He ponders aloud. He then heads to his table and starts pulling parts out from beneath.

Adam remarks,
“Sounds like a solid plan, I can always help tinker here and there.”

Kaleo picks his jaw off the ground,
“I have no clue what I can do, but I can do stuff…wait shouldn’t I…Hey mentor dude! Does your base have signal?”

1 Like

“Cell? Yeah.” Runa says. “And please, it’s Runa. It feels awkward when you call me ‘mentor,’ considering we’re actually pretty close in age, I believe.” He picks out a few certain parts and puts them in a basket. “I have a generator over in the Training Lab. If you could go get that for me? It should be right by the door.” Runa asks Adam.

OOC: And this is when it might be remembered that Runa is only 17.

But his mind is older

2 Likes

OOC: He definitely seemed older, but hey mind older works.

IC: Kaleo nods,
“Yes Runa sir!”
Though that ‘sir’ was tact on jokingly.

Adam heads off looking for the Training Lab. He remembers seeing something like it on the way down here.

OOC: While that comment does work really well for his intellect(I mean, he created all this before he was 17 and created his own mechanical implants at 14), I was actually referencing “My Shot” from Hamilton.
“I’m only 19 but my mind is older”

IC: Runa chuckles.

Adam would find that it was a large door to his left with the label of “Training Lab” on a screen above it. Once he would approach, the door would automatically slide to the sides, revealing what seemed to be an observation/setup room.

4 Likes

IC: The Dark Man looks at him. Slowly he takes the hand.

“Tell me, what is your name?”

@jayzor17

IC: The other man is leaned against the wall. He does not seem to notice Khan, face still shrouded in dark.

1 Like

@Kirathel
“My name is Alistair.” The Plague Doctor replied, firmly shaking the Dark Man’s hand.

Adam chuckles,
“I guess a sign helps. I wonder if he gets lost down sometimes…”
Adam enters the training lab and looks for the generator.

He’d see it right near the door.

As he tinkers, Runa glances as Project: Bladearm on his arm, then detaches it and sets in on the table. “I think I’ll retool this as well just in case he escapes.” He says, mostly to himself.

OOC: I might not have made this clear, but the main body of the lab that they’re all in is just one big room with a door to either side. It’s not like there’s hallways or anything to get lost in.

OOC: Makes sense

IC: Adam grabs the generator and hauls it over to Runa,
“I’m guessing this is what you had in mind?”

Runa looks up. “That’s exactly it. Thank you. If you could take it over to the containment unit, I’ll be right there.” He tinkers with Project: Bladearm once more. He seemed to be messing with its ability to receive energy from himself. “Maybe I should rename it, too.” He mutters to himself. “Bladearm is really uncreative. I can do better.”

Meanwhile, a scientist was frantically running through the city of Heroes. He had fled from the Chem-X building, and just barely managed to escape the zombies. He carried with him some very important papers. "I know just the person who can help me…_ he thought as he clambered up a platter and slipped pass the quarantine border. The scientist then headed towards his destination.

Runa tinkers, then closes it up, reattaching it to his arm. A jolt of electricity went over the blade. Then another followed. Runa smiled under his mask. “Perfect. Now for a better name…” He thinks. “Hmm…it’s got a broadsword blade. Think famous swords…” He mutters. “Excalibur? Excalibur…” He thought, then went into his documents stored on his mask and renamed Project: Bladearm. “Project: X-Caliber.” He says out loud. He then retracts the blade and takes the parts over to the containment unit. “Alright, we’re ready to starts.” He says to Adam and Kaleo.

Not recognizing the horror movie trope he has fallen into, Khan crouches down in front of the man, tapping one shoulder. “Are you awake?”

2 Likes