Matoran Ideas [Characters][Art]

How about Garan and Gar?

1 Like

Awesome, man! What program do you use?

@Gresh113: I’ve just noticed that no male Nahoins have been introduced. Maybe either Idris or Kyrehx could be male?

2 Likes

[spoiler]Oh no… Not takua… My inner memer is coming…

TAKUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/spoiler]

Alright now, [quote=“Noupix, post:41, topic:38103”]
Hahli
[/quote]

I love how she looks, really like the hooded design

3 Likes

Idris seems too much like a girl’s name to me, but Kyrehx could work.

I think this is a pretty good concept, and you’ve captured her adventurer-ness, but I’m not entirely sold on it. I think the hood and the arm/leg bands look great, but the skirt-thingee looks a bit odd. Would it be possible for you to make a couple more parts of her armor a bit more ornate, such as her mask, to designate her status as a princess?

2 Likes

On the way and I agree with kyrehx being a male.

I use an app called sketch, but I draw them by hand first.

Fix on the way.

2 Likes

Isn’t Matoro the king of Ihu and Izotor’s father?

1 Like

Ok, a few of things after listening to the latest episode of the TTV Podcast.

1. It looks like we have set backstories for Hafu and Velika now, so that’s cool.
  2. Perhaps Dekar could be one of the “hunters” in Po-Koro that was discussed, reflecting how he hunted down pit escapees as Hydraxon in G1?
  3. Princess Hahli confirmed? It seems like it might be.
  4. With the discussion of Helryx possibly being the chief arbiter, we might have to change Dalu to a arbiter lieutenant or something?

Currently, yes, but I am suggesting that this be changed.

2 Likes

@Gresh113: Just to help with organization for the initial post, maybe put all the information under each Matoran in bullet points and not the - mark. It should help distinguish each Matoran more clearly.

1 Like

I see. The only problem I have with this is that Tahu already has a brother and giving one to Kopaka as well just seems to make the two Toa to similar. I could see giving Kopaka a sister as that seems different enough not to seem redundant. We also need to remember that Kopaka is a loner, this is probably do to being alone growing up or that he lost someone close to him. These are just my thoughts though and I really like the ideas you have for the rest of the matoran.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Perhaps Matoro could be a cousin, the next in line for the throne, as Kopaka has no siblings?
Or we could genderswap Matoro and make her Kopaka’s sister?

1 Like

He has a brother? Jaller isn’t his brother, if that’s what you meant. That was Kahi’s pitch for it, but they went with Var’s.

2 Likes

Really? I must have misted that. I think the sibling thing still works better with Tahu’s personality. Thank you for the correction.
This is why we need the story bible I guess.

I could see that working but who is going to be Kopaka’s father/king if we change Matoro’s current role?

@RAKRONDEWL: Nuju?

1 Like

The mute king whose words are translated by Izotor’s cousin Matoro, I think I could get behind this idea.

Edit:
In g1 Nuju worked in the knowledge tower under his mentor Ihu and as a Turaga founded Ko-Koro on Mt. Ihu, it seems the two are already connected. This idea looks better and better the deeper I dig.

3 Likes

Dalu could be the second in command next to Helryx but would be the one doing all the “work” as helryx would be one of the main priesteses with the highest military rank but would not even be close to Dalu’s fighting skill or experience. Plus, commander Dalu sounds better.

I also really like that idea for Dekar.

Hours later:
Introducing

Fixing Hahli and Nuparu later today.

5 Likes

I’m really liking some of these designs, but please bear in mind that shoulder armor in the way you’re drawing it is just not possible currently with how Matoran are made.

1 Like

Yeah, Nuju had been who I had been thinking.

What do you mean by this?
The fact that they aren’t connected around the necks?

2 Likes

@Gresh113@Bokarda you have convinced me.
I was thinking it over at work and had this idea: Nuju is the king and has two sons, Izotor and Matoro. In the attack of the Vako, the Rahi is about to strike a death blow on Nuju but Matoro pushes the king out the way and takes the fatal hit instead. Nuju is stricken with so much grief that he is dying. This would explain why Izotor hasn’t been crowned king yet. The loss of Izotor’s younger brother and dying of his father pushes him to become introverted. This would make Izotor’s introverted nature the fear of losing the ones close to him.
So in other words, please leave Matoro as Izotor/Kopaka’s brother, it actually works really well. XP

3 Likes

Thanks. The idea is that the shoulder armor would be connected via a neck piece which i’ve chosen not to draw due to the shape of my template.

Nuparu is fixed with the newer style. Goggles can be added later.

5 Likes