Meso's AMA

Uh
What if we didn’t do that?

1. Favorite MOC you’ve made?
  2. (Doesn’t matter how mediocre you might think it is. :stuck_out_tongue:) Your favorite drawing you’ve done?

If solek didn’t exist, who would be your least faveorite set?

Favourite piece of Bionicle music, whether it be from movies, games, advertising, etc (besides the masterpiece that is the Piraka Rap of course :stuck_out_tongue:)?

1 Like

Hey @Mesonak are you Tarantulas?

If you could reboot Chima, what would you do differently?

…OMG, YOU’RE ALIVE

It’s been so long, man! I’m doing pretty great. How about yourself? :smiley:

They’re nifty, I’ve played more video games so I’ll go with that format.

I do, actually! I should post some pictures one of these days…

Zaktan and Nuparu, for sure.

Personally speaking, I’d build Okoto’s Capital City. Gotta give G2 some love n such.

I’m partial towards Goliath from the MoC Spotlight even though it ain’t perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/0YQcPCC.png

Probably… Skrall Stars. I hate that guy.

I really like Closer to the Truth (and Move Along for nostalgia’s sake, if it counts).

no i’m me

I would probably start the series off in a different way. Get rid of the entire initial premise for the show and figure out a more logical reason for the animal tribes to turn against each other. The whole Evil-Flower-Mind-Control schtick was absolutely terrible, and the first two episodes were just a poor way to enter into that world. The entire conflict felt like it was resolved at the end of the premiere, which made the next 18 episodes of the TV Show feel like they were just trying to stretch it out. It wasn’t until the second half of the first 20 episodes that the show actually started to feel like a real series and not just a random collection of filler episodes trying to lengthen the runtime of a 40 minutes special.

Afterwards, Chima improved in quality steadily, and I honestly wouldn’t change much. Maybe ditch the voice actor for Laval… or just Laval entirely. He wasn’t a compelling protagonist.

-Mesonak

8 Likes

What’s your favorite non-constraction LEGO theme? C:

Ninjago, hands down.

-Mesonak

1 Like

high fives
knew you had good taste

Out of 10 how would you rate the following:
Bionicle G2
Hero Factory
Bionicle G1
Star Wars Constraction
Chima Constraction
Super Hero Constraction

I think mine would goa s follows:
G2 7.5/10
G1 9.7/10
HF 6.4/10
SW 7.2/10
China 6.9/10
Super Heroes 4.3/10

Thanks Meso, big fan.

[quote=“Mesonak, post:212, topic:7111, full:true”]

no i’m me[/quote]
Are you sure, that you are part of this comic mini-series?

May of stated this before, but have you started any of the Star Wars shows?

Hmm…

BIONICLE G2 I find difficult to rank as a whole. I would give the sets an 8/10 and the story a 3/10. I guess if I average those together I get a 5.5/10…? I’ll round that down instead of up because I feel like it, so I’ll give it a 5/10. Not terrible, not great, just flat average.

Hero Factory I’d give a 6.5/10 for the sets and a 4 for its story, so a 5.25 as an overall product. Still very simplistic but I felt that HF didn’t take itself too seriously which made for some legitimately entertaining pieces of content like Hero Factory FM. Additionally, it ran for over twice as long as G2, so it was able to flesh out its world and characters more.

G1 gets a 9/10 for set design and an 8/10 for story, so an 8.5/10 overall. Neither were perfect, but while G2 perfected the “Matoran” and Toa designs, G1 had killer titans, vehicles, and Rahi which G2 simply never had. Additionally, the story was of a much higher caliber, though it’s not perfect due to questionable plot choices, dropped story elements, and its convoluted nature.

Star Wars constraction I’ll give a 7/10. A lot of the sets are fairly standard humanoid fare, but they’re huge, well armored, and some of them feature innovative torso designs that incorporate the G2 gearbox in a much more fulfilling way. Plus, SW Constraction has given us Grievous which is better than anything G2 gave us Titan-wise so it gets bonus points for that.

Chima constraction gets… a 6.5/10. A lot of the sets were somewhat standard, but a ton of cool new recolors were introduced, and a few creative building techniques were utilized a long the way. Plus, I think they did a fairly good job of adapting the Chima characters to the constraction style, unlike this next one…

Super Heroes constraction gets a 3/10. Good effort, but most of the sets were just… lackluster. Their heads looked unsettling, their builds were very simplistic due to CCBS being in its early stages, and there were really only two memorable sets from the entire wave (Iron Man and Joker), neither of which I would call masterpieces. Iron Man was pretty good, though.

Pretty sure that I’m not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope! They’re on my list, though.

-Mesonak

2 Likes

Well, you should soon, but… good thing you didn’t start The Clone Wars yet. I sent you a PM around January maybe containing a full list of every episode in chronological order. If you watch it season by season, it is going to be pretty confusing. If you don’t find the PM under my name, it will probably be under “Wandering_Wind_Waffle” or “Toa_Irokyei”.

Excited for Rogue One and are you planning on any of the sets or buildable figures?

You can find the list on Wikipedia’s “List of Star Wars the Clone Wars episodes”. It was somewhere around the bottom.

Alright, here’s some questions for Mesonak.

1. If you hate Solek so much, why’d you buy not one, but TWO Soleks at Brickfair Virginia, 2016? Was it solely for laughs, or was it cause they were cheap?
  2. Eh…Just to be sure, you were the cast member that hated Solek a lot , right? I think I read it off a comment in your youtube episode “Top 10 Worst Bionicle Sets”, but that was a while ago.
  3. What’s your favorite food?
  4. What’s your personal favorite Bionicle set, from both generations?
  5. How about your least favorite(s)?

Interesting, wasn’t there last time I checked. Though I did note in the PM to @Mesonak the chapter of Dark Disciple that you need to stop at before reading Son of Dathomir, when it’s reprinted.

I’m pretty interested in Rogue One; I wouldn’t say I’m excited for it necessarily, but I’ll certainly watch it and I do plan on buying the Buildable Figures for it. :smiley:

I didn’t buy a single Solek, I got both as gifts. In fact, I was presented a situation where the other TTV Members pointed out a Solek set on sale at a vendors booth and they wanted me to buy it for the lolz. I was like “I refuse, I will buy literally anything else” so I bought a Radiak instead. XD

Yes, I am most definitely a hater of Solek. I loathe with a passion so much that it became a meme.

My favorite food, cliche though it may be, is pizza. I love me some good pizza.

My favorite BIONICLE Set from G1 is either Maxilos and Spinax or the Thornatus V9. G2 is Umarak the Hunter, no contest.

My least favorite from G1 is Solek, followed by Skrall Stars. G2 is Ketar, also no contest. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

1 Like

Do you eat it (Quoting Takuma here) “The proper way?”

what exactly is the proper way?

Watch and learn:

4 Likes