Miru Power Details

This has been driving me nuts for a while, and I have no idea why I’ve waited this long to ask.

We know the Miru’s power of Levitation is not Flight, since we have a mask that covers that in the Kadin.
But that makes me wonder, just what exactly IS Levitation as I’ve seen multiple versions of it in different media.
In some, it’s the power to stay suspended in mid-air, but that’s all it does, while in others, it’s a form of telekinesis, allowing you to levitate and move objects (and yourself) with your mind, but seeing as we already have the Matatu i doubt that’s it. Some versions of Levitation is just another form of flight, just slightly slower, as it allows you to move in the air, but at the speed of regular walking.
So I’ve been wondering, what does the Miru do?
Personally, I always imagined it was more like a Mask of Weightlessness, so when you activate it, you become light as a feather, and just use the force of your jump (or any other force) to fly in the direction you want for a limited time, and then deactivate it to land once you reach your destination, repeating the process to travel over long distances.
But activating the mask while standing on the ground will not do anything until some kind of force (whether it’s yourself or a outside one,) makes you fly away.

But I thought I’d atleast ask what exactly it’s power entails.

6 Likes

I’m very curious where you’ve seen the Miru portrayed as allowing the user to levitate objects other than themselves - I don’t recall seeing that anywhere.

Greg has stated that the difference between the Miru and the Kadin is that the Miru only allows the user to move up and down, and hover: Chat with Greg Farshtey | Page 422

I can’t find it right now, but I’m certain that he also once suggested that the Miru allows more precise control over the user’s movement - essentially, the Miru is better for hovering, while the Kadin is better for full-on flight.

Lewa Nuva is able to use the Miru to fly by combining it with his air powers: the Miru keeps him in the air, while his air powers let him create a propelling wind that catches his wings and moves him forward.

1 Like

Have you ever heard of a show called Jackie Chan Adventures?