Ninjago 2017 General Discussion

The effects and the art design is absolutely incredible.

2 Likes

So they have movie Lloyd now?

1 Like

no, they re-designed Lloyd to look like his movie version… which i think might cause more problems for non Ninjago fans who would start to see the Show and wonder why it’s not like the Movie.

1 Like

I assume this is a Timeskip, and older Lloyd bears resemblance to the movie version.

It’s probably so people don’t get confused with movie and tv show?

EDIT to avoid Double Post:

Letter from Tommy Anderson, based on recent feedback.

With one fix comes another problem, now people will get confused over the movie and the TV show because the characters look so similar to each other.

Double edged sword.

I bet Misako would reveal her secret Samurai past and Garmadon wanted to have a Volcano house.

2 Likes

it makes me worried if they might have changed some of the character designs of the other characters too.

Thats a given.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxexEhBAxUs

Brent (The voice actor of Zane) nails why we shouldn’t be mad about all of this Season 8 stuff.

3 Likes

I definitely agree with him. Really, most of the backlash is because of some cosmetic changes, which is pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

I’m not mad at Season 8.

I’m just confused XD.

3 Likes

Same vid, now with audio. Music is always great, though sound effects aren’t so much personally…

That said, love some of Lloyd’s and Pixal’s dialogue (unexpected, actually) in the middle. “I could kiss you, Pix,” “I don’t think Zane would approve…”; not great, but pretty natural and really nice.

7 Likes

I love the new voice actor. Mostly because it sounds like Lloyd is out of puberty now.

2 Likes

I love how Spinjitzu was just woven into the fighting. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I feel like it’s been a little while.

Also, is it just me, or is Pixal’s voice different?

4 Likes

The user returned from his grave once more

All jokes aside, I’m interested to see what they do with this. Seemingly a time skip, Garmadon cultists dressing up like Power Rangers, Pixal back with no readily apparent explanation, the still standing mysteries of Samurai X and Wu’s fate, redesigns, a Tron-esque NNC, and weird masks that confirm Bionicle G3 all make me want to get back into Ninjago.

Does any one else feel like the season 8 clip involved the most actual “ninja-ing” in the show to date? Like the way they infiltrated the building and fought. We never really saw the actual protagonists do that. Also, gotta say, love the new designs. The Sons of Garmodon look awesome.

4 Likes

That’s the thing that’s always bothered me about Ninjago. In ninth grade I did a project researching ninja. Ever since then, I’ve been pretty sensitive to what is actually something accurate to historical ninja and what are just things attributed to pop-culture ninja. As much as I love Ninjago, it falls hard on the pop-culture side. Colorful suits? Fighting with tornadoes of vibrant light? Fighting at all? They rarely even try and use stealth and misdirection, and it bothers me to no end.

2 Likes

Yelling the name of their planet everytime they fight is pretty annoying as well…

2 Likes

actually, they yell the name of the city/island. We have no idea what the planet’s name is.

Its like saying that Legends of Chima takes place on the floating island Chima on the Continent Chima on the planet Chima.

I think it’s been said that their entire realm is ninjago. Regardless, ninjas yelling anything is a bit messed up.

yeah, but that does not mean that the planet is called Ninjago. A realm and a Planet is not the same thing, especially when the Sixtheen realms are more like dimensions than different planets.

Edit:

if its true that all of the Ninja have been changed to look like their Movie versions then im not in favor of that change.

the reason is not because i dislike change, its because i find most of the character designs of the ninja in the movie does not work for the Cartoon versions.

let me show what i mean by that:

Some of them make sense but with Jay, Kai, Zane and Cole its odd, their appearance does not click with the personalities we have seen them have in the show is what i mean.

and if there have been a loot of time that has passed since season 7, then there must have been changes to their personalities in order for these changes to their appearance to make sense.