Ninjago season 10 discussion topic

Well, perhaps you know the first episode of S10 was released, so let’s see what you think about it.

IMO this episode and maybe the whole season will be quite dark, but still cool. Leave your thoughts below.

2 Likes

For those who still care about the Ninjago TV show (it appears that a lot of people don’t care about it anymore) Go watch the episode before it’s taken down:

1 Like

So I really liked the episode, it was a lot of setup, but I think it’s going into an interesting direction

4 Likes

I honestly love how these past few seasons have gotten way more dark and mature. I’m loving how this season is going so far!

4 Likes

Me too! From just the first two episodes I already feel like because of what you said this might be one of the (if not the) best best Ninjago seasons! Can’t wait to see what they are doing next! They definitely found a way to make Ninjago more interesting!

2 Likes

Same here, the episodes are great and I really love the dynamic between Lloyd and Garmadon

2 Likes

Spoilers.

What did the Oni get for Christmas?

Cole.

6 Likes

Good Joke…

March of the Oni has been spectacular. I consider Episode 97: "The Fall" to be “Game of Masks” tier. It was that rare episode where every scene was something special. Spoilers for 97 follow: these are MEGA-SPOILERS–PLEASE WATCH IT FIRST!): The reintroduction of the Golden Armor under Borg’s protection was a treat for long-time fans, following the continuity of Rebooted and Tournament. The news center scene went from the humor of a reporter reluctant to be rescued to one of (if not the) best death scene in the show. The following drama between the characters on the ship was stunning: Lloyd’s outrage at Garmadon, Garmadon’s resulting confusion and exchange with the cameraman that still had a spark of humor, and then the best sibling-moment Kai and Nya have ever had, all culminating in a justification for including the pilots in the 100th-episode count despite not technically being “Episodes #1 and #2”).

2 Likes

I love how this season is going so far. For those fans who used to like Ninjago but just stopped watching it, you should defeneatly watch this Season. If you think Ninjago isn’t interesting anymore, I have to say, the show has found a way to be interesting again.

I would second that, but I’d personally recommend trying to start with the 2018 seasons that build into it: Season 8: Sons of Garmadon and Season 9: Hunted and then watching this. But I’d also agree that even if you don’t watch or enjoy those, you’re likely to cherish this.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true SOG and Hunted are definitly requirements to understand March of the Oni, but it’s also great how they call back to a lot of stuff from the pilot episodes and the first seasons

1 Like

I know, right?
Spoilers for Episode 97 (third episode of this arc): Ever since the ninja paid particularly close attention to the Tornado of Creation in the mural in “The Darkness Comes”, I’ve had a hunch we’d be seeing some pilot-season antics in the fight against the Oni, but I was still blown away when Nya proposed her plan to have Kai reforge the Weapons of Spinjitzu. Not only does this cleverly canonize the weapons in the Legacy sets, but it also forces Kai to return to the life he left behind one hundred episodes ago!

3 Likes

Yeah it’s going full circle, I love it

1 Like

Well 98 was a trip.

The Oni completely wrecked their supposed counterbalances, the dragons.
Its neat to see the golden weapons back, but they didn’t seem to accomplish much.
So Garmadon just has the full Oni powerset now? Didn’t he call Mistake a demon, as if he was something else? In fact, this is my main point of confusion about the last few seasons. Originally, the Overlord was presented as the ultimate embodiment of darkness. Even his island formed a yin yang with Ninjago. As he was darkness and destruction, the FSM was light and creation. Wu and Garmadon initially seemed as though they fell directly into line with the two. But then, we find out that the Dragons embody creation, and the Oni embody destruction. The Overlord’s true form was a dragon, which is odd. The FSM is revealed to be part Oni and Dragon, which is what makes him special. But he seems to entirely revolve around half of that, being creation. Absolutely no darkness or destruction has been shown in his character or actions. Also, wasn’t Lloyd’s Golden Dragon heavily implied to be his spirit? Now, Wu and Garmadon are really confusing here. So Garmadon should have been like 1/4 Oni, right? He was corrupted by the Overlord, who seems to be a second source of darkness. He was cleansed, died, and brought back as fully evil, and apparantly a complete Oni. What? Meanwhile, Wu has ties to the dragons, but not isnt one. To make a long, convoluted story short, the Good vs Evil cosmic dichotomy in Ninjago is really odd.
Back to the episode, my bad. It was cool to see Lloyd meet the First Spinjitsu Master.

3 Likes

Ep 98 Spoilers:

So, it was very weird to see Garmadon have a Oni Mask with his face. That was very ridiculous to be honest. I feel like this 4-episode special was a little too short, but it was well made and great for the most part. The Oni were defeated a little way to easily with the Tornado of Creation, after we were told that they are indestructIble. I still don’t understand what Garmadon is, and what happened to him. From what I can tell from this episode he is a full Oni, like the real Oni that he is afraid of.This season sort of had plot holes that don’t really make a lot of sense, but they were so well made that I can forgive that. Having Lloyd meet The first spinjitzu master was really cool.
I am very excited to see what they will do with the theme next. Although this episode looked like a conclusion to Ninjago as a whole, well… Ninjago season 11 and forward in 2020 was confirmed. So, can’t wait to see what they will do next

2 Likes