Paints for LEGO Pieces

I meant I wait until the contest ends, so his color will be metallic green, pearl gold, or remains flat dark gold. :slight_smile: But the flat gold sharpie will come handy for the mask, whether I use a normal faxon or a custom one, so thanks!

1 Like

If you do use Sharpie, be sure to cover it with clear varnish or something so it doesn’t get scratched off.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what paints to use for the toa hagah?

3 Likes

For Kualus I useda mixture of

For Gaaki I used

For Bomonga I used

And for Pouks I used

Hope this helps!

12 Likes

thank you!
(his toa hagah, for anyone wondering)

4 Likes

When you mix multiple paints, do you put all the paints(in the bottle) in?

1 Like

I get a separate container and pour a small amount of each paint until I get the desired color

3 Likes

Is it okay to ask you the ratio of each paint?

I’ve got a good suggestion for Mata Purple - Valiere by Montana

This is a more matte paint, so glossy sealant is needed. Here is a sample, compared to authentic purple parts (albeit with some scuffs):

7 Likes

Woah! Where did you get it from?

It’s on Amazon, Jackson’s, and Art Primo, among others.

As for what paint I’m curious about, I’m looking for both orange and old light gray-matching sprays.

1 Like

Thank you now I don’t have to spend a fortune and waste a bunch of time tracking down a bunch of little teal technic pieces for my lariska moc.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to match the gunmetal grey on Makuta Teridax? Specifically the one with a greenish tint on his armor. I need it for Pouks.

1 Like

Ha. Spend hours mixing.

I mixed some gold in mine, as I noticed some golden flakes.

1 Like

That would probably look pretty cool, to have Teridax and his bodyguard with the same unique shade of gunmetal.

1 Like

I want to paint a bunch of colors (lime, dark turquoise, blue, gold, Hagah metallic parts, etc.) Should I buy a bunch of spray cans or should I go for an airbrush?

1 Like

will you use the airbrush for anything else?

Probably for nothing more than a bunch of BIONICLE parts. I might end up using it for some scale models if I end up buying, but it’s a big maybe.

spray cans then

1 Like

I could add for Lime - Montana Hardcore Mojito Green. The color is just slightly more yellow, but barely noticeable and the gloss is spot on.

For Dark Turquoise I tried Montana 94 Turquoise. In this case the color is darker and the matte finish is more noticible. Someone recomend me Montana Speed Maracaibo Green, but it wasn’t abalible at the store. If I have to bet, I’d said that Montana Hardcore Glacier Blue should be the perfect match for Dark Turquoise.
Turquoise

Here is Tamaru for the end result:

I also tried for Sand Blue - Montana 94 Chernobyl Grey. The color is darker and again, just for the gloss, I would recommend Hardcore line, although they don’t seem to have a matching color in that line.
Sand blue

8 Likes