Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Z-Splash raises your attack by three in one turn. Taking two turns just to set up a swords dance after splash would be excessive and also waste the free no dammage turn your disguise gives you. The point is to sweep quickly and stay in battle as long as possible with little detriment, if any at all. Pain split works best for this strategy.

But then you dont have a z move for later

You don’t need a Z move for later. Mimikyu stays in until it kills everything, or dies. Your other Pokemon then clean up whatever trash is left if Mimikyu somehow didn’t survive.

This strategy has yet to fail for me at the Battle Tree.

1 Like

and this is why I don’t play competitive.

5 Likes

For me, Competitive training drains all the fun out of Pokemon and turns it into a really colorful eugenics simulator.

1 Like

I don’t really play Pokemon competitively. I like to immerse myself into the Pokemon world.

Yeah. I can’t move past an area until I read every object and talk with every NPC first. Plus, it usually leads to hilarious gems of dialogue, especially with Sun and Moon (such as the old man wanting to sing Perish Song). And the Pokedex descriptions are one of my favorite parts of the game, too.

I think you both should consider that most competitive players do the same thing. Competitive battling comes AFTER you finish everything else in the game for most people, specifically because there’s literally nothing else to do.

1 Like

Well, there IS catching the rest of the Pokemon in the game and training them… but nevertheless, I suppose I can see the appeal of competitive training. For me, personally, all of the various natures, EVs, IVs, etc. make it a bit of a deterrent for me, as I can’t really enjoy doing that I want with a certain Pokemon. Kind of ruins the experience for me having to constantly breed for the right natures and resetting the game to get legendaries with those natures, too.

You can’t use legendaries in any competitive format besides Ubers. The only exceptions are usually secondary legendaries, which sometimes tend to not be too good.

Competitive battling really isn’t my cup of tea either. Breeding isn’t fun. And the “payoff” isn’t really that fun either.

after all these years i’m still mad about regigigas

1 Like

Competitive can be ridiculous. For instance, I have a Smeargle, which uses Hypnosis to put the foe to sleep, then uses Z-Conversion to gain a 50% Boost in every main stat (Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed) While becoming a Psychic type. It then uses Stored Power, and has the ability Moody, gaining stats while doing surprising damage. Being a Psychic type using a Psychic moves, you get another 50% boost, as well as the stats you gain, and a pokemon with 20 base attack can actually deal damage.

Well, I defeated the main game. The Elite Four was quite a challenge, and the battle with Kukui was honestly amazing. I’m so sad to see Lilly go, though! I honestly enjoyed her company in the game. I do think her leaving felt… Forced, to say the least.

BTW, my champion team was Gyrados (Ms.Awesome), Salazzle, Decidueye (PrfctCinnaBun), Toucannon (Pekekoa), Magnezone, and Solgaleo. Pretty happy with that line up!

Regardless, I still have to find the Ultra Beasts, fight Red (yes, I’m gonna fight Red. Blue is fine and all but Red is the REAL MVP.), and do a bunch of other stuff! I do hope the post game is fun!

2 Likes

The whole Lillie thing still makes me sad, but it makes practical sense. You’ll find out why in the post game if you dig deep enough. Still desparately want her to come back though. My character pretty much became an unmotivated slob after she left.

There’s also a new mall that opens up in the first major city, so be sure to go back there.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my character is still in Hoenn trying to catch a Ho-oh. There’s a story saved for why he travels to Alola once I can afford Sun, and I’ve been giving him a backstory as well.

1 Like

Right now I’m obsessed with filling up my Pokedex. I just need to evolve a couple and catch some, but I think I’m really only short a couple.

I am almost done as well
right now at 86%
I need… (based on how many gaps I need to fill)
2 from Melemele
18 from Akala
15 Ula’ula
and 4 from Poni

just a few more pokemon (including legendaries)

I got all the legendaries, mainly by soft resetting when they fainted. Also a got a Nebby and grew it to Lunala, where I then traded it for a Solgaleo. I think I’ve got about 30 total evolutionary lines to catch, so I’m almost done (since those are the common ones I mercilessly destroyed training for Island trials).

the main ones I need from the islands are item trading evolution
and some minor ones

I got those ahead of time to make life easier for later, I also got my first Alakazam. Ever.