Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

As I’m sure you’re aware, I’ve been arguing against it since the minute it was posted. I’m doing the best that I (tactfully) can.

1 Like

cool, I can’t wait to hear some descriptions of these leaked images, imagine all the cool things that it’ll tell us

So, things that I say in a private Discord server, out of context, aren’t the same as what I say here, guys. It’s not that I’m lying either here or there; it’s that I’m being sarcastic in the former. It’s an issue of a lack of context when there are two lines that get captured in a screenshot, and I get that. To be totally honest, it’s my fault for leaving the messages up in that server where a member could see them. As we all know, information travels fast.

I’m not going to mention who actually told me that the name was “Voloctoreb”, becuase I told them that I’d avoid doing so on the MBs.

I would hope that I’ve built up a pretty positive reputation over here, as well as in the community as a whole. However, I get the annoyance, the confusion, and the distrust. I get that. It hasn’t been handled too well. As it is, I’m doing my best to fix it, and I trust that folks like Cronk are as well.

Getting a few of these all cleared up…

Not yet.

No. EDIT: Misunderstood, yes, I/we can do that when/if we find any images.

This would have mentioned, so no.

Haha uh no.

No, I didn’t give him the image. He got it from a guy on VK who was in the same Discord chat as me; that fellow too a screenshot.

Just to remind you, @TealFire, we don’t have a bit of hard and fast confirmation yet.

Edited for Double Post. (A Post was Deleted in between.)
~Chronicler

9 Likes

so it’s vk that has those leaks

No, that’s literally not close to what I said. VK.com is a social network in the style of Facebook; this unscrupulous fellow decided to share the screenshot of my Discord message over VK, and nothing more.

Sorry, but I’m starting to get a little annoyed with certain folks who are assuming that there’s just this mountain of illegally leaked images behind me. That’s not how it works, guys.

5 Likes

how does it work? we got summer leaks in december back in 2008 for the glatorian legends

I’m not going to explain how it works, but I can tell you that it doesn’t work like this.

To go into a little more detail, it isn’t going to come suddenly and within three or four days of a single weak, initial rumor. I have reason to believe that this claim is partially legit, at least, but it’s not going to help to see folks asking about “leaks” every hour in this topic.

And for the record, I have more than one reason to believe this; it isn’t just the Voloctoreb guy.

5 Likes

Are these other reasons something you would like to keep private as well (like the identity of the person who told you about the Voloctoreb name)?

@TealFire we don’t know, I don’t think its even real tbph

@Asriel I don’t think he would, and I think he did a good job explaining the context of those messages. A few missing lines can make a conversation sound very different to an outsider (which we all are in this case). Also, its not his fault that his private messages got leaked (we should all remember that I think)

4 Likes

so is voloctoreb the actual name of this theme or is it just a codeword/placeholder?

I have but one question, why would Azani make things up?

6 Likes

I’m a little torn, to be honest, because I have a couple of facts that I’ve pieced together doing a little analysis and logical conclusiveness. I don’t want to give the impression that I know that this is confirmed by any means, because it isn’t; for that reason, I’m a little reticent to share my thoughts/sources ATM. This includes any thoughts via PMs.

Likely fake; no offense, but please don’t ask this exact question again.

4 Likes

I can understand that, one bad thing that always happens at leaks is that some people believe they are entitled to know someone’s private thoughts and messages for the sake of getting more info

3 Likes

but if leaks are going to increase publicity for constraction then we should know about leaks, but hey that’s just my opinion

First of all, Asriel, thanks. :slight_smile:

So, for those of you who have been following the concurrent Star Wars Constraction Discussion thread, I’ve claimed a few things over the months.

I’ve claimed that Luke and Snoke would not be constraction figures. True.

I’ve claimed that Chewbacca would cost 35 USD. True.

I’ve claimed that we’ll be getting the following in early 2018:

January:

75533 Boba Fett - $25
75534 Darth Vader - $35

April:

75535 - $25 EDIT: (Actually might be 20)
75536 - Co-Pack - $30
75537 Darth Maul - $25

Most of that has already been confirmed. I’ll leave the supplementary info for the future; you guys can see if I was right or not.

I don’t make things up, guys.

11 Likes

They don’t tho, the only people who know about them are people who are already a part of the comstraction community. And people’s private matters are still private, nothing changes that

5 Likes

well weren’t the only people that bought g2 sets were current bionicle fans? besides wouldn’t lego want free marketing/advertising for their products?

This particular argument has been brought up several times before, and while we appreciate it, it’s not how it works in the corporate world or in the private sector of business. TLG has ample reason to act the way that they do.

Leaks are not that.

This is the crux of the matter. This supersedes everything, frankly.

If I’d like to keep something private, then I’ll do my best to avoid any “leaks”. Likewise, TLG will do the same.

7 Likes

leaks get people excited and give them something to look forward to and at least this way they know that sets are being made, imagine all the people back in 2014 that wanted bionicle to come back but they kept on saying that they didn’t want to see leaks, it’s almost as if they weren’t excited enough to buy sets since they didn’t have anything to look forward to for months and months

Leaks don’t provide that, because like a said the only people who follow them are established members of the community.

There’s a reason Lego doesn’t like leaks, they can spoil products, take away the wow factor and mess up business plans.

And no, G1 fans weren’t the only people buying G2 sets, kids bought them as well because its a kids theme y’know. Only a small percentage of G1 fans would have bought G2 sets, and those, once again, are
mostly the members of the online community

5 Likes

but if so many new fans bought g2 then why was it cancelled a year early and why are they going back to the drawing board by making this new ccbs theme?