Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

There’s a fake leaks topic you should take a gander at. There’s also an entire website devoted to “Toa Voriki.” I’m not sure what you mean by “most of the time.”

4 Likes

I think he’s right; pretty much none of those “fake leaks” have ever been considered by the community. We generally have a fairly solid sense of what gives off a clearly fake vibe and what may have a shot at being true.

That doesn’t mean that some folks don’t fall for them; however, I’d say that those people are definitely in the minority.

3 Likes

Voriki is an exception. I’m not saying all leaks are trustworthy but I am saying that we need to keep an open mind here and gather more info on this topic before coming to conclusions.

4 Likes

A little out of hand?

3 Likes

It’s pretty safe to say that the potential to sink into chaos is certainly on the table, here. I do think that we’re doing alright though, at least today.

As a side note…

I’d agee, and I’d even go as far to say that SWC must be doing pretty well to see nine or ten new sets each year. It might not sound like much, but they are pretty large sets, as well.

7 Likes

Does this have a shot at being true? I’m really confused as to what actual evidence there is in favor of it.[quote=“Azani, post:322, topic:40794”]
I’d even go as far to say that SWC must be doing pretty well
[/quote]

It’s Star Wars. It grows money faster than memes grow old.

2 Likes

Well, first of all, it absolutely does, yes. I have serious, logic and credibility backed reasons for suspecting as much, but I’ll be holding on to them for the time being in case I do, in fact, turn out to be mistaken.

Exactly. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people who will always buy everything that has the SW name attached to it.

2 Likes

Why was my comment deleted again? I simply said “It’s good to have to topic back” :unamused:

Perhaps I should not have shown this information in the first place, seeing where the discussion went… But then again, I think another member would have done it by now.

1 Like

voriki was a “leak”? how did anyone think that was real?

3 Likes

I believe that it’s a very worthwhile discussion to have on our agenda, so to speak.

Is it safe to say that nobody did? To be fair, it wasn’t as common to see leaked catalog images or preliminary internal images back then, but it’s not like folks were morons.

7 Likes

You do have to remember that this was 2001, when playground rumor style leaks were a lot more commonly accepted as plausible. This wasn’t too long after the likes of myths like Mew from Pokemon.

4 Likes

I think that it was getting sent around in 20013, right before MoL, but I might be wrong there. Feel free to correct me. :slight_smile:

Even with that said, I still feel like you’d have to be really young to seriously believe that Voriki was going to be a real set after a few minutes of looking at that; probably no older than ten or eleven, to be honest. The visual nature of Voriki, especially with the way that the shadows around the mask and the lightning bolts are done, is just silly.

I’m looking up Mew, as a side note.

EDIT: 2003, lol. I’m leaving the typo up there for the sake of humor.

2 Likes

Man I remember the Second Great Alien War for Alpha Centauri. 'Twas an interesting war for certain. Humanity was nearly destroyed.

Joking inside, people DID fall for Voriki back then. We just mock it nowadays because people easily fell for it. They still do.

15 Likes

I’ll put a reminder in my calendar for 17,996 years from now.

Is it safe to assume whether or not they would have been old enough to use this site?

Serious apologies in advance if you were one of those people.

6 Likes

Beats me. I was 2-4 at the time. My brother vaguely remembers it. I just know from reading up on this it fooled a lot of people. No doubt they were really young, though, and the internet was in it’s infancy anyway.

Which is why I’m always skeptical about leaks. Nowadays people know how to make them more convincing if they’re faking it, which leads to people being tricked.

4 Likes

Well, that’s how Bionicle G2 started.

However, all we have is an unverified claim with no images or info to back it up, so there’s no hope of proving or disproving yet. We’ll wait to see if anything more arises, otherwise it’s just another flimsy hoax.

2 Likes

I doubt it, only because Lego would be really unwise to flood their own Constraction market with cheaper non-licensed sets, since their Star Wars line is doing well, even though price per part is super expensive. Additionally even if there was a new theme, it probably won’t be related to Bionicle, because after the G2 failure, I doubt Lego would take a Bionicle G3 reboot pitch very seriously, let alone green lighting it.

Plus, we’ve all seen hoaxes before.

7 Likes

Ah, I’d bet that most of us definitely don’t think that it’s any form of a G3; there likely won’t ever be another official reboot. If there’s a new theme, it’ll be different enough from SWC to resist encroachments on its sales, as you seem to believe. I would agree with your further points, though.

I respect that. Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And there’s the fact that LEGO basically sabotaged G2 from the getgo.

I still want a new constraction line, though.

2 Likes

I get the want for original themes, (I’ve been wanting a non-Star-Wars-Universe original space theme for years) but that brings up the question of quality vs quantity Lego themes.

Would it be more profitable to have a broader selection of less developed themes to catch new interests among customers, or a narrower selection of scripted, more in-depth story themes?

2 Likes