Possible Theories: Kongu’s Melee Weapons

Kongu had a melee weapon before his Cordak blasters, and after his return to Metru Nui he got a new weapon.

Any ideas on which melee weapons he had? Before or after he traded for the two Cordak Blasters.

Let’s talk.

3 Likes

Well, I came up with this idea that he has a spear forged with Shrink Kanoka that he’d use to shrink opponents he struck with it and subsequently channel his air powers into to blow them away.

2 Likes

My thought is that a teleport kanoka powered weapon would work better, that way he can easily get rid of Rahi his mask summons if he needs them to go away :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I feel he’d be reluctant to use his mask again due to bad experiences.

2 Likes

That’s fair. There’s an idea for another topic, what mask would Kongu replace with Zatth with? I’d wager he’s find another Suletu since it was rather useful when he was an Inika.

Back on topic, for his weapons I wouldn’t mind him having a one double bladed axe and two single bladed axes for back up like Gimli (since he’s short and stocky now).

4 Likes

Gimli?

2 Likes

From the Lord of the Rings book/movies

2 Likes

I see.

2 Likes

I like the idea that he took one of the Toa Hordika’s Combat Staffs that was left in the city.

His inner thoughts throughout the 2006 story made it clear that he hated the Suletu, though that was mostly due to the fact that he couldn’t turn it off. Even if he got a non-organic version that he could control, though, I doubt he’d be champing at the bit to get another one.

4 Likes

That seems cool. Gotta make use of at least one of the staffs in the story somehow after the Hordika arc.

3 Likes

having needed to think about this myself for a while recently, when i designed some post canon designs for the mahri, i agree with the idea of a battle axe working quite well for Kongu.

fits both in term of element as axes have been established for air as well as in terms of his stature that can be interpreted pretty dwarven-like.

for reference ill include the design mentioned above to show how well it works (or doesnt works) with his stature. bit more modified but should still be close enough to the original

6 Likes

I have a few ideas. 1: Matau had his Hordika staff laying around somewhere and gave it to him. What we know of the two had a good standing, so I think Matau would be happy to help him. 2: He let his brother Nuparu the tinkerer make a gadget weapon for him. If Nuparu saw the chance to offer up his skills, he would likely jump with joy. 3: He scavenged something or put one together himself. He was in a leading position of defense as a matoran, he probably has plenty of skills with scavenging we are not directly told about.

4 Likes

I’ve made large-scale Hordika Staffs with this partially in mind:

5 Likes

This is fitting

4 Likes

I find the idea that Kongu keeps his Zatth funny. It’s like the “Mystery Mouseketool” of the Toa. When things get desperate, he summons a random animal, and it is usually something useless, or dangerous. But there are those times it is somehow the right thing at the right time. And even then, sometimes the sheer randomness of it is enough to throw an opponent off just enough for him to get an edge.

6 Likes

I have a headcanon about the Zatth actually being more than what’s described to us. Though the mask doesn’t allow the user to choose the summon, the creature’s abilities and overall stature could still be linked to the immediate needs of the summoner.

4 Likes