Question about the Av-Matoran on Spherus Magna?

Will Av-Matoran continue to turn into Bohrok after the evacuation of the Great Spirit Robot?

1 Like

I would doubt it, seeing as they have no purpose, but then again, I’m new to Bionicle’s vast story, so I don’t really know…

1 Like

It wouldn’t have any purpose indeed, however Umbra is still inclined to guard the Ignika, the Bohrok will remain dormant in their nests, etc etc. Will the Av-Matoran be able to subvert their programming, even when their programming is no longer purposeful?

Unless I’m mistaken, turning into Bohrok is Av-Matoran anatomy, and will continue to turn into Bohrok at death, regardless of location.
Edit: After some research, Av matoran only turn into Bohrok at death if it is their destiny to do so. I would assume the above still applies, but likely much less often.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think they would, because:

• There have been multiple instances in the story that have more or less proven that the Matoran concept of destiny is actually quite fluid and not entirely set in stone. For example, Nidhiki was destined to be a Toa, but eventually became a Dark Hunter after trying to sell out Metru Nui.
  • Despite being fairly large, the Bohrok Nest still possesses a finite amount of space, so it would really only make sense for the transformation to occur if there was a need to replenish their numbers. In other words, provided that it’s already at full capacity (which is currently unknown since the GSR was actually launched in a rushed state of incompletion, forcing certain things to be constructed on the go), it then stands to reason that some would need to be destroyed first in order for it to happen.
  • If the above assumption is correct, then their numbers are likely somehow being constantly monitored (probably by the Bahrag) in order to prevent overpopulation. And if this is also correct, then it might be safe to simply assume that those specific Av-Matoran were only designed with the potential to become Bohrok, and that the transformation itself was actually triggered by some form of signal sent from within the Matoran Universe.
  • Since mostly everyone evacuated to Spherus Magna anyway after the destruction of the GSR, it’s unlikely that said Av-Matoran would ever be exposed to the signal, in the event that it could still be sent (or was currently being sent) to begin with. We know for a fact that the Red Star can’t revive anyone outside the robot, that some Legendary Mask functions (such as the devastation caused by their hypothetical destruction) in turn are rendered completely inert, and that a lot of stuff simply doesn’t work or is inhibited by programming limitations (the Rau not translating Agori, the increased difficulty of using MU Psionics on the natives of Spherus Magna, etc.), so it’s entirely possible that this could end up on the chopping block as well.

Just my two cents.

3 Likes

You’ve convinced me. Great argument and well thought out points

1 Like

Just want to point out that this isn’t exactly accurate. Death itself isn’t a trigger for bohrok potential matoran to transform. Av matoran were “destined” to transform during a predetermined point in their lives.

Thanks for letting me know! Honestly, that part of lore got a bit blurry for me.

No problem. I was confused on this point as well back when the story was still running.

Here’s your answer, from the BZPower’s Farshtey Feeds.
" Special Av-Matoran will continue to transform into Bohrok even on the new Spherus Magna. "

1 Like

Huh. So it is. Thanks, Surel.
@Chronicler, would you mind closing the topic? This question has been answered.

1 Like