Salvation: Part II

“Actually,” Topside says, “it’s very helpful. We can start looking for settlements; if there really is civilization other than ourselves out here, they’ll likely be set up somewhere with an abundance of energon.”

“Yeah,” Sprocket realizes. “Yeah!”

“Well, like I said,” the AI says, “Salvation’s communications technology may be of help.”

“Yeah. I’ll head up and see what I can do.”

Gatecrasher left the Savant and flew back up to the Salvation. He landed, and made his way up to the bridge.

1 Like

Gatecrasher’s journey up to the bridge would be uneventful. On the bridge, the Decepticon would happen upon Daria and Sprocket speaking to the captains.

OOC: Who owns them?

Daria nods,
“Sorry for taking up your time”
to Sprocket,
“Hey, what do you say to helping me write the report?”

OOC: Daria us a character of Jcton. Sprocket is one of my guys.

IC:

“I think it might still be too early for that,” Sprocket cautions. “This is just a theory- a vert likely theory, but still a theory.”

Gatecrasher could likely overhear this part of the conversation.

“Sorry for intruding, nut I couldn’t help but overhear, whats still a theory?” gatecrasher asks.

Daira turns to Gatecrasher,
“Well… short story short. We believe there’s a lost colony in the area.”

"Hrm… I thought about that, but it could also thought it could be Bludgeon and his goons, or soldiers from the war who don’t know the war is over.’

Daria thinks it over,
“Perhaps, however I doubt that at this point. There is merit in our theory, historical backing if you will. Plus, if Bludgeon wanted us down the only thing he would need to do is shoot us down. Plus, with the way he’s been following us, there’s most likely a spy that would most likely be ordered to disable our ship so it’s forced to land now or worse. Considering his options, I’d say there’s a lot more better options then simply sending a fake message to lure us somewhere.”
She nods,
“All things considered, I honestly think the spy would try to stop us from reaching the colony, so Bludgeon could try and gain more allies or something like that. There’s literally a lot more options that seem like they would be more efficient than just sending a mysterious message like that. I could go over a lot more ideas of how it would be more efficient for Bludgeon to take down out ship, but I’d rather not for the sake of security of the mind, for all I know there could be a spy anywhere, here, and quite literally anywhere else, or worse case multiple spies.”

“Actually, that reminds me, Captain,” and he turns to the captain (@Chromeharpoon)
“I came to tell you that the Savant’s AI believes that the Savlation might have the comm power necessary to contact the settlement.”

“Sounds about right,” Topside says. He and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ both nod.

“And now that we have an idea of where to shout at…” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ quips, looking at Sprocket and Daria as acknowledgement for their contributions.

Right,” says Breakswitch from the navigator’s station. “Motherboard and I will start scanning for areas with a high concentration of energon.”

1 Like

“Sirs.” Gatecrasher addresses the captains. “Should I fly over and see if I can spot a settlement of some kind?”

Thrust knelt down and tentatively, yet gently, poked Pixel.

Topside shrugs.

“[I] Don’t see the harm in it,” the Autobot captain says.

Daria goes over to Sprocket,
“It appears they have things figured out. Anything else you would like to do?”

“yes sir. I’ll report back to you when I’ve finished my sweep. By the way, did you ever finish you talk with Miss Wildsong?”

Sprocket shakes his head.

Topside shakes his head.

“No, I have not,” he says. “Guess I should see to that.”

“You should. It’s of great tactical importance. I’ll leave the rest to her.” he replied. He then walked down to the hangar, transformed, and flew to the search area.

Salvation was still over the ocean, but rocky island was nearby.

…And it was getting closer quickly, rising out of the blue sea to reveal that the landmass was simply an extension of the dome-like hood of an immense, jellyfish-like mechanimal, propelled by jets of plasma shooting out of thrusters in its center. Its metal tendrils sway in the air as tons of water cascade off its armor.

Topside sighs and exits the bridge, leaving for his quarters.

@meepinater

Thrust feels a finger tap his shoulder.

“Excuse me,” says the voice of Thrift, “but you’re Thrust, right?”

Somehow, the junkion merchant had suddenly snuck up on Pixel and the Splitter brothers without any of them noticing.