Salvation: Part II

“Usually in Engineering,” Halfrunner says. “He lives there, you know- literally.”

" ‘A weapon of war now a symbol of peace’…" Sidewinder recites.

“It’s… the Emberstone,” Sprocket repeats, surprised.

“Quintus Prime’s magic rock? Raises the dead, creates life? Y’know, that Emberstone?”

“Uh, I think we already did that,” Broadband says.

The jelly-bot continues to poke through the shattered window into the hall (@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister), while other tendrils curl upward and reach toward the hull.

“Ready weapons…” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ calmly orders the gunners.

“Okay! I’ll go see him. Thanks sir!” She calls as she turns and runs out the door. She makes her way to engineering.

“Isn’t that from a poem? Sounds familiar.”

“It’s probably just curious.” Zepar warned, “Firing on it may cause it to attack.”

Epsilon was back in the park, watching the lizards with great curiosity.

Engineering was on the other end of the ship- a vast cavern with every surface covered with complex and gigantic machinery. Catwalks run between everything, giving the thousand engineers that resided here space to work.

Greasemonkey himself- a tall techno-organic with white armor and red fur, stood by the transwarp drive. The machine was inert- damaged in the last battle, it had to be shut down before it exploded, which would have been disastrous indeed. Unfortunately, for the moment, it meant Salvation was incapable of traveling faster than light.

Sidewinder shrugs.

“Maybe it is,” he says. “Corona used to say it when talking about you guys.”

“And it may tear the ship in half,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ retorts. “We only need to drive it back.”

The lizard-like Node Dragons were playing in the park, transforming into their disk alt-modes and rolling each other around while the chirped and squeaked.

Shockwave launches into a monotone lecture on how the cybertronian spark worked.

1 Like

Juliana looked around in wonder. “Are you Greasemonkey?” She asked the being. “This place is amazing!”

“interesting… How could she have known we were coming…”

“But hurting it may make things worse.” He said.

Epsilon enjoyed watching the Node Dragons playing together, mentally making observations about them and their behavior, even trying to get an idea of what they were saying in their language.

“Yes,” Greasemonkey replies, answering both statements while he read from a datapad, “it’s quite the marvel.”

“The insubordination my Autobot counterpart so carelessly allows is beginning to grow tiresome,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ growls.

“Gunners: ready port-side ion cannons twelve through thirty-nine. Target the creature’s tentacles; we want to scare it off.”

The jelly-bot was beginning to drift closer to Salvation, curling its tendrils toward the Fleetcarrier as its many eyes peer through the many viewports.

The language of the Node Dragons was largely indecipherable, unfortunately.

Large crowds had gathered by the large viewports in the main hangar’s sides, looking at the immense jelly-like mechanimal as it approached the Fleetcarrier.

“Technological Marvels aside, I wanted to ask if you could help me identify an artifact.”

Zepar growls in frustration and leaves the bridge to try and see if speaking like a dragon with the creature would convince it to release the ship.

He goes outside and transforms into beast mode and roars at the jelly, his tone conveyed a sense of worry for the creature, trying to tell it to let go of the large floating thing it had been following.

Greasemonkey looks up from the datapad.

“That depends on the artifact, miss,” he says in his usual exhausted, if polite, tone.

Fifteen red eyes regard Zepar curiously, as rows of ion cannons on Salvation’s fins rise and take aim.

“I-is this a bad time? I can come back later if it helps!”

Zepar roars again, trying to warn the creature of the danger that was rising. He cautiously flies closer.

SideStep listened through the whole thing, eyes wide.
“Fine. Be that way.” He said grumpily.
“Nobody wants my drinks.”

“No, it’s quite alright,” Greasemonkey assures her. “There isn’t much for me to do while she’s still flying… and when we’re about to be eaten by a giant biomechanical jellyfish.”

The creature’s demeanor had changed, whether in response to the rising guns or not, it was hard to tell. Small ports were begining to open up along its dome, and it was beginning to loop its tendrils around Salvation.

“Facelift did,” Shockwave observes.

OOC: sorry, but I have to go.

2 Likes

Zepar carefully landed by the lake, “Cone on!” He growled to himself, “Think! How am I gonna get this behemoth to let go of the ship before someone gets hurt?”

“W-what? Your joking, aren’t you?”

Zepar could see the bladed mass of tendrils that had attacked Gatecrasher and Sidewinder earlier. It could also see Zepar, as well. A beady green eye was watching the angelicon as he pondered.

“No, I’m not,” Greasemonkey assures Juliana.

@ProfSrlojohn In hangar thirty-one, Sidewinder watches as the Jelly-bot positions one of its massive metal tendrils over the flight deck outside.

“…That’s not good,” the bot observes.

“Hey, remember how I said that thing was possibly coming to suck out your Energon?”

Zepar tried to speak to it as one animal speaks to another.

(Translation: “Who and what are you and why are you here?”)

He keeps a safe distance from the creature.

OOC: think something like how the velociraptors from Jurrasic World talked with each other.

“What!! When did that happen!?” she exclaimed.

“Uhh… Yeah?” Replied Gatecrasher, Looking a little disturbed.

The creature’s response comes as a barbed, silver tendril shooting out of the water toward Zepar, glistening in the sun.

“Yeah, it’s definitely coming to suck out your energon,” Sidewinder says.

“It’s happening right now, miss,” Greasemonkey explains.

“No reason to worry, I’m sure. We’ve gotten through Decepticon lords, rabid insecticons, and the undead, haven’t we?”