Salvation: Part II

“Let’s get some more altitude and see what waits there?” He asked.

“Maybe. I don’t know. Are you sure you can’t think of anyone else?”

“Beautiful isn’t she?” Gatecrasher asks Sidewinder, taking note of his admiration.

SideStep looks down.
“I know! Who needs a l-leg?”

The jelly-bot raises one of its smaller, thinner tendrils and pokes it at the window… accidentally shattering the glass.

Breakswitch looks expectantly at Flyby, who stares back, confused.

“…Oh!” he exclaims, realizing what his sister was trying to ask. “Yeah. Yeah, I’ll get on that.”

“Our big friend just blew out a window on Deck 7,” Broadband reports, referring to the jelly-bot.

“What about Greasemonkey?” Halfrunner says, “Or Shockwave?”

“Yes,” Sidewinder affirms, looking around the hangar. “And massive. When Corona told us about Salvation, she didn’t mention she’d be a flying city!”

“Didn’t need all those fingers, either…” Facelift mumbles.

Daria looks at the fragment,
"Heya, what’s this… uhh thingamajig?

She also looks at the Omega Key, she wasn’t too sure of what the device did, but if it could shoot lasers or something then she would probably like it.

SideStep frowned.
“N-n-n-no…” He muttered.
“I suppose it’s frogs then.”

Sprocket and Grommet turn around.

“Careful with that one,” Sprocket advises, taking a step forward. “It’s… touchy…”

Hell, maybe it did shoot lasers, for all anyone knew. It was certainly a powerful artifact from what it had already displayed.

“D*mn straight!” Facelift mumbles, still in sleep mode. Shockwave watches on, bewildered and perhaps, in spite of himself, amused.

SideStep looks up at Shockwave.
“Got any frogs?”

“Who’s Geasemonkey? And I don’t want to bother Shockwave. He’s a very busy person.”

“Heh. You should have seen her when she was a warship.”

Daria furthers questions,
“What does it do?, the tiny broken piece is glowing and I have to wonder what it does.”

“With a DNA sample and the proper equipment, I could clone some,” Shockwave states.

“Sure he is,” Halfrunner quips.

“Greasemonkey’s the chief engineer; he oversaw a lot of Salvation’s retrofit. Kind of an odd old guy, if you ask me, but he’s smart.”

“It’s a piece of the Emberstone,” Sprocket says with surprising nonchalance- as if harboring a piece of a long-lost, magical talisman wasn’t much of a big deal.

“…Huh. That’s a pretty big deal actually, I guess,” he realizes.

“I have experience with odd old guys. Craig for instance”

“What about frog-monkeys?”

“Aye, I reckon you do, at that,” Halfrunner replies.

“Hardly a challenge,” Shockwave says.

“I guess…” Sidewinder replies distractedly.

“Do you want a drink?”

“I have already told you that I do not drink,” Shockwave says, beginning to walk away.

“Then how do you live?” SideStep asked, following him.

“Where is this Greasemonkey character?” She asks.

“She was a fine ship. She and her sisters were the pride of the Decepticon navy. Could carry three platoons with supplies and equipment, and still have room to spare.” He continued, not noticing his distraction.

Daria tries to recall what the emberstone was and replies,
Yes…that thing…
With a bit of sarcasm.
She continues.
“I’ve been building guns for a majority of my life…mind explaining why it’s important?”

“Let’s ascend slowly, we don’t want to startle it.” Zepar cautioned.