Skillet

SKILLET IS THE WORST BAND IN EXISTENCE!!!

I will quit buying G2 Bionicle if Lego decides to ever partner with them (or follow the story line).

Their music is the most generic sounding, heavily computer modified, garbage I have ever been burdened to have to hear.

The only reason they exist is so the record company they “make music for” (which, btw Skillet isn’t music) can make a bunch of money off them because they only appeal to every 12 year old in existence.

I really hope they break up soon.

Uh, you sure you aren’t confusing Skillet with Skrillex?

Just to be sure, here’s Skillet (the rock band this topic’s about)'s top single:

Here’s a recent Skrillex track. Is this the “heavily computer-modified” stuff you’re referring to?

2 Likes

To each his own. The glorious thing about a free internet is you get to choose what you listen to. This topic is a discussion about skillet (not to be mistaken for skrillex as @Legomaster1378 pointed out) so chances are the folk you find here like that band.

4 Likes

I mean

I’m not necessarily their biggest fan

But isn’t Nickleback at least slightly worse? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

5 Likes

Nickleback is another terrible “band” they are extremely generic and the singer sounds like he is constipated.

I am not confusing the two bands (even though Skrillex is a horrible band) Skillet is the worst band ever.

You are totally allowed to think that but we are also allowed to disagree. If you truly feel that way you might want to find another topic because this can only lead to arguments in the future.

2 Likes

I’m still very curious about why you think this. Because Skillet is anything but “computer-generated”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Us mods are keeping a close eye on this topic. We’ll be fine.

1 Like

I said modified not generated.

Kk, no hard feelings everyone :slight_smile:

Whoops, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, let’s go with computer-modified then. What Skillet songs can you think of that are like that? Are you referring to some of Jen Ledger’s high-end vocals?

1 Like

C O M A T O S E…

That should be good enough XD

Thats the inclusion of strings instead of your standard guitar, keyboard, and drums.

2 Likes

I don’t normally find myself returning to the TTV boards but when I got the emails about this topic I felt inclined to jump in.

Obviously, Skillet is not the greatest band ever, neither will they ever be. We look to the likes of Led Zeppelin, or the Beatles for such a title, however they also will never be the worst. We look to the likes of 1 Direction, Linkin Park, or even Nickleback to fit such a bill.

As for the use of computer modification, that’s called artistic development, you can’t keep going on unchanging for years and years. I also don’t find Comatose to be guilty of such computer modification as you seem to say.

And just for kicks, who, in your opinion, is the best band of all time?

2 Likes

There are a variety of Bands that I am interested in and feel that their music has unorthodox riffs, hidden lyrical meanings and appealing rhythm.

~Tool (#1)
~Wolfmother
~Gojira
~The Mars Volta
~Rob Zombie / White Zombie
~Dropkick Murphys
~(Some) White Stripes (By some I mean no Seven Nation Army)
~(Some) Slayer
~(Some) P.J. Harvey

~ GG Allin – JK, NO!!!

See, I feel the exact same about Skillet. Their use of strings is something you very rarely hear with mainstream rock. Their lyrics talk about serious life/spiritual issues. And they’ve got some sick rythmes that are a blast to headbang to.

Everyone has different tastes which profoundly affect how they view entertainment.

3 Likes

I thought of an interesting analogy.

Hear me out it is kinda long.

So my mom works for a big company (I wont say it’s name for her safety). She’s a graphic designer. Now every once in a while when she can’t find a stock photo that does the trick for her work she will go out and capture the photos herself. Either way once she has the photo she needs she will take it back to her computer and Photoshop it to work for the proposal. Once she is done her bosses are almost always unanimously in love with her work. They don’t care that she used photoshop to make it, nor do they care where she got the photo (unless she got it illegally but she doesn’t do that).

The point is it doesn’t matter how the music was made but rather what the music is. It matters that the beat sounds good and that the lyrics mean something.

Oh and fun fact 90% of music these days is at least somewhat computer modified. (minimally so but it still happens) it is the only reason 1D didn’t get kicked out of the studio for their voices. usually it is voice correction if the lead singer is sick or to add an effect that can’t be done with typical instruments. (or instruments the band can’t afford). typically we say computer modified when it is obviously the case but if we take it to the litteral sense it is hard to find music without it these days.

2 Likes

I get what you are saying, my father is in a punk rock band called Stun Event and I am a drummer, so I know you have to make the song into a digital version. What i’m getting at is that most mainstream musicians tend to take the normal amount of editing (getting rid of echos and such) and jacking it up to where it seem synthesized. Have you ever listened to Black Fail Brides? If you have you might know what I am talking about.
This was a cool discussion, thanks.

1 Like

Hey man, you seem like a nice guy, but you might wanna exit this topic. Some of us panheads can become monsters. :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

1 Like
3 Likes

Whooooooo!!!
I’ve waited so long for this!!!

As for the song itself, I like it. It has hints of Monster and Circus for a Psycho. I really hope that Unleashed (which drops on August 5th) has the same blend of power anthems and balads that Awake and Rise had.

What does everyone else think?

2 Likes