Splatoon

An end of an era…

Quick! Someone grab the sad violin!

It is time for war! Marie Squad, report!

Hey this is my kinda topic. So what did you fellas think of the new splatoon direct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Since the two new squid “sisters” have been announced, here are pop singers Pearl (white) and Marina (turquoise), substitutes for the previous two squid sisters. I bet you can guess which one the fans liked the most.

Of course, along with Splatoon 2 comes the drawing feature present in Miiverse without having Miiverse, accessible via the red mailbox in the Splatoon 2 Premiere Demo. As you’d expect from the drawings in Splatoon 1, the quality of these are… the same. Here’s a news article from Kotaku showing all the fun people have had with it so far. There’s, like, 2 swears in it, though.

I’ve also downloaded the Splatfest Premiere and it’s quite fun, mostly from poking around the place and spending all but 5 seconds on whether Cake is better than Ice Cream. Since I never played the original, controlling the game is very tricky so far, but I guess that’ll be resolved with a bit of practice.

The first Splatoon 2 Splatfest, Cake v. Ice Cream begins on July 15th. Splatoon 2 is set to release on July 21, 2017.

It does take a bit to get used to, but I’d go as far as to say gyro aiming is, or at least should be the future of console shooters. The precision and speed it allows almost rivals a mouse.

Get ready! Splatoon 2’s first Splatfest begins at 3 PM PT or 6 PM ET in the US and 5 PM BST in the UK.

I wish I had a Switch…

Team Ice Cream all the way

2 Likes

Splatoon anime has been announced!

… to be premiering on YouTube! (Apparently, I, haven’t looked into it myself.)

To be fair, this isn’t the first Nintendo anime to be produced, kid Icarus got a few ova’s when uprising launched,
which were great,
so woomy hype is critical right now.

There was also a Kirby anime at one point

splatoon 2 is really good, but it upsets me that salmon run is time restricted

The inkbrush is still my favorite weapon by far.

The first paid DLC for Splatoon.

How many here are excited to play as an Octoling for the first time?

• Me
  • Not me
0 voters

So! The next splatfest has been announced and…

Oh boy. This isn’t going to end well.

1 Like

HOORAAY RACE WARS!!!

nice going Nintendo. See what you’re doing yet?

1 Like

Also, am I the only one who’s seen this?

Nintendo: Releases an amazing expansion pack that not only tackles themes of racism but does so really well.

Also Nintendo, absolutely no more than about a month later: Starts a literal race war.

1 Like

Imagine if Pearl leads team Octo, and Marina team squid…that’d be neat. And the slightest bit not as racist-y

Also, let’s be honest, squid is going to win.

1 Like

Well Tumblr has been having a time and a half over all this.

If I’m being honest, if I had a switch, I’d probably go Octo.

Cool splatfest idea… id pick octo.

Yeah, it is pretty cool. If you’re into race wars anyway.

Also, has anyone really noticed how absolutely and drastically the Octro Expansion campaign is from the other two Splatoon campaigns?

Yes, and I must say it’s amazing.

Though I’ll probably pick team squid, I’m still for the most part undecided.

Also, since we’re talking about Splatfest, anyone else hate the people who metagame them to be on the winning team instead of picking the team they share the opinion of?

1 Like