Star Wars Topic

So this just dropped. Super excited for it. I’ve been wanting some televised content about Clones after Order 66 for so long, and we’re finally getting some.

Thoughts?

8 Likes

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Memes aside, while the bad batch was never my favorite group of clones from CW, I’m still really excited to see where they take this. This also gives me hope that maybe at some point we’ll get a series like this for Boba, and we’d finally get to see Cad Bane and Boba’s final duel. My biggest fear is that the scope is bit limited, so I hope they don’t drag it out, ideally just one or two 9 episode seasons.

7 Likes

One day. One day, I will finally get Disney+. It’s bad enough that I haven’t watched The Mandalorian, and now this? Why must everything I want to watch be a Disney+ exclusive?

All of that out of the way, the series does look interesting. I look forward to seeing where they’ll go with it.

3 Likes

Nobody seems to be mentioning about Fennec’s appearance in Bad Batch, which I think is cool how Filoni is tying the shows together in a close knot and that we’ll get to know more about the character, I also can’t wait to see the role Echo plays in the team. And what TheMOCingbird said about the Boba/Cad Bane Arc, I’d love to see more Cad Bane as he’s been a favorite of mine since the beginning of the Clone Wars’ run. Also should this topic be marked for potential spoilers?

1 Like

How would there be spoilers if the show hasn’t even come out yet? Also how would I go about doing that

I would imagine most of us here have watched the latest season of CW and somebody may bring up spoilers about it while people who haven’t may open up this thread, (The Bad Batch made their debut in the Clone Wars show after all.) But you’re probably right. Also, can’t you just ping a mod to edit the title of a post?

1 Like

Very excited.

@Winger I believe that a you can do it yourself

1 Like

Also the other Mandalorian crossover, Rangers of the New Republic. Live action Thrawn, anyone?

I mean how else are you gonna watch Disney’s The Black Hole?

1 Like

I didn’t say fatigue was the only reason for the backlash; just that it played a part.

Not me.

I know it’s not exactly the point you’re making, but I agree with the idea that these shows should only have one season. Apparently Bad Batch is a spinoff of The Clone Wars, so having a spinoff series with multiple seasons that eventually surpass the original series…that would be pretty weird. It would be like the Scorpion King series getting five movies while The Mummy only got up to three. Wait…

In all fairness, part of the reason why there’s so much stuff being released in the next year is because the pandemic caused everything to be delayed. But then again, they could’ve dealt with this problem by delaying the other projects as well. In fact, this action might be beneficial, as it would give them more time to perfect and hone their ideas, and to churn out their quality content.

1 Like

Never heard of it.

If Disney does that, I’ll definitely need to get Disney+.

1 Like

Most of these announcements aren’t going to bear fruit until 2022 or later. Bad Batch is for sure next year and Ahsoka/Rangers of the New Republic may be as well, but everything won’t be out for a long time. Getting one new show and letting it run its course then having another new show follow a few months later will stagger the release and ease up on any potential fatigue as well.

1 Like

Disney please stop cancelling or delaying my Black Hole remake! It would be a nice break from Star Wars to do a one off science fiction horror film about an insane scientist and his ship full of zombie robot people and stormtrooper droids.

1 Like

time is a flat circle

4 Likes

My main takeaways from the newly announced shows:

Visions: This had better use the same art style and animators from the Galaxy if Adventures shorts. Those look way better than they have any right to, and their editing is flawless- imagine that as a show.

Rangers of the New Republic: This has potential, but could wind up being to much like Mandalorian, not getting its own identity.

Willow: I haven’t seen the original, but I’ve heard it’s pretty good, so this could turn out well. I’m not sure if it’s a movie or series, though.

Ahsoka: Judging by the logo, this will deal more with the World Between Worlds. While I thought that the Rebels episode set there was strong, I worry about the implications of time travel in Star Wars. I hope to see live action Thrawn and Ezra, though.

Andor: Sure, why not? Rogue one is my favorite Star Wars movie, but a lot of that came from the ending, which this show obviously can’t share. Still, it feels like it could be similar to Star Wars Underworld, George Lucas’ live action show, so it could turn out well if they go that route.

Bad Batch: I mainly hope to see the transition from Clone Troopers to Stormtroopers. That could be an interesting conflict. Perhaps we could also see a young Thrawn alongside Tarkin? It would also be cool if, as the show progresses, we see the visual style ■■■■■ from Clone Wars to Rebels.

Lando: To all saying that there’s no sequel stuff here, remember, this could just as easily be about Billy Dee Williams post-episode-IX as it could be about Childish Gambino between III and IV. I personally hope it’s a combination of both that uses flashbacks.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: This has potential. I like that they have Mcgregor and Christiansen back. Tattooine is sort of boring by design, though, so that could be a problem.

A Droid Story: the one I’m least excited for, by far. I’ve never loved R2-D2 and C-3P0, so a whole movie of them sort of sounds like a drag.

Rouge Squadron: If it wasn’t for Patty Jenkins, I don’t think I’d care much about this. X-wings are fine, but I’m still upset they used them in the sequel trilogy, instead of creating fresh, original designs like the prequels. As such, they’re more over exposed now then ever. But, Jenkins is a talented director with an emotional tie to the subject matter, so it’ll probably be fine.

The Acolyte: I’m still cautiously optimistic about everything High Republic, mostly because it reminds me of Bionicle. I presume this one will be about either young Plagus, Palpatine or Maul, though, and any of those sound pretty cool.

Indiana Jones: this is the one I think they’re least likely to get right. You never know, though, it could be a masterpiece. As for the treasure being sought, I always thought the natural direction would either be the Hammer of Thor, or cursed pirate treasure, maybe on Oak Island.

Sorry for the text wall.

4 Likes

In essence, most of the releases are more miniseries in the vein of the Mandalorian and Clone Wars, with many live action and a few animated stories, with the only movie being Rogue Squadron

not a bad deal, I can’t wait for Visions for the anime and Bad Batch because I love CW era stuff(even though this’ll probably be around the transition between Prequels and OT)

2 Likes

Keep in mind, The High Republic is, from what i remember, set 200 years before the Prequels.

4 Likes

My thoughts on the Star Wars announcements

In summary I’m heccing exited for that obi wan series

2 Likes

Oh, I was referring to Marvel when I said that.

1 Like

There is a crap ton of stuff that was just revealed

I’m honestly not sure what to think about it.
It seems like quite a big bite for disney to chew, but I hope some of the more anticipated shows will be good

4 Likes