The Relationship Topic

Not even three weeks in and this is the most genuine serious relationship I’ve ever had

EDIT: still going strong dang

EDIT2: three months in. I’m surprised I haven’t messed this up yet…

6 Likes

Well it worked out almost a year later and going strong

9 Likes

Great for you!

fantastic to hear.

My girlfriend just moved a bit of a drive away, and while we’ll see each other twice a week like before, she still feels farther away.

I miss her boys

4 Likes

Just remember if you’re still seeing her the same frequency as before then that’s what you have to focus on. My Girlfriend and I live literally 10 minutes drive from each other and sometimes I see her 4 or 5 times a week, other times it’s 2 or less.

It ain’t the quantity of your time together, it’s the quality :slight_smile:

Chin up Mayn

9 Likes

Thanks man.

I signed up for tinder a month or so back, so far I’ve been unable to aquire a date but have had some matches.

1 Like

simp
Jk brother, we all find love in different places. Good look friend :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks m8, I just thought I needed to put my self out their you know. Tinder seemed like the easiest place to do that.

That’s it! I’ve had it. I’m done. No matter how hard I try, no matter how much I put myself out there I am constantly met with abject failure. I’m so tired of trying so hard so many times and getting shot down. Every girl I’ve ever tried to get close has turned out to be gay, taken, or both at the same time! For years I’ve been going through this same insufferable cycle. Meet a girl I like. Start out skeptical because I know how it’s going to end but then I let my guard down anyway because I get some stupid idea that somehow this time will be different. But then when I actually start talking to her she tells me something and then it ends exactly like I knew it would but it still hurts anyway even though I saw it coming from a mile away!

Well you know what? I QUIT! I’ve played this game for long enough and I’m done being the universe’s emotional punching bag. This is a game I shall play no more! I’m cutting my ties. I am burning the bridge to love! Romance will have to come up and slap me in the face before I even think about relationships.

I. Am. Done!

2 Likes

I feel bad for you man.

This might be the right decision. I mean, you’re still young, you have plenty of time. Focus on your education and career. Get through college (or trade school, etc.) get a good, stable job, and then try. I have a feeling you’ve got quite a bit on your psyche right now, so wait until that load lightens before pursuing romance. That’s my plan. I understand wanting to have a romantic relationship, hey, I want one too, but I’ve never understood why the teen years were considered prime years for it. There’s so much going on, so much to do, i can never understand how anyone could handle it. Obviously, there are some that do, but not a majority. Besides if you wait until after you and most other people your age have gone through college, you both will have matured more, which is always good for a relationship in my observations.

I personally believe there’s a person out there for everyone, you’ll find her I’m sure. The key, is patience.

Or at least, that’s my 2 cents.

4 Likes

I’ve tried to do that. Doesn’t work for me but maybe it’ll work for you.

If you need to rant, any of y’all, for any reason, I’ve always tried to be the “all ears” guy among my friends, and I’m totally open to being that here

3 Likes

Romance and love is a difficult subject to grasp and handle.
As I’ve been told many, many times, you’re still young. I mean, you haven’t graduated from college.
There’s no rush whatsoever. You just have to be patient.
Love often doesn’t come to those who search for it.
It waits until they least expect it and slap them in the face.

2 Likes

I can’t take it anymore! I’m done too!

Every time I try to show my BIONICLE collection to a girl she thinks I’m being ironic!! It’s not fair! My self-flatulence and obsessive hobbies have left me so stunted as to be unable to level with anyone disinterested in 20 year old media!

14 Likes

Update my girlfriend encouraged me to try MOCing again

3 Likes

Update I have a girlfriend

I made this drawing of us together *in MS paint

11 Likes

Which one is you?

2 Likes

how dare you

1 Like

I’m assuming the beautiful woman with the fantastic hat and glasses is your girlfriend?
And the man with the luscious locks of hair is you?

2 Likes