Tie Crawler Elite

The TIE Experimental Close Range Attack Fighter, also known as the TIE/cra fighter or simply the TIE Crawler, was a heavily armored variant of the TIE line Starfighters used by the Galactic Empire. Specialized for attacking capital ships, the Close Range attack fighter was identifiable by its heavy armor, its four elongated wings, as well as its unique ground walker configuration.

The Tie Crawler was created as a response to the Blade Wing attack fighter, a ship specialized in attacking capital ships. The Crawler is unique as its purpose is to latch onto enemy vessel’s hull and attack it at close range. This gives it the advantage of attacking vessels while remaining out of range from the anti-Starfighter canons. To meet this end, the Tie Crawler is equipped with two laser cutters bolted to the sides of the Cockpit, as well as high powered magnets in each of its four legs.
Tie Crawler pilots are unique as they require experience in both piloting ships, as well as walkers.
The Crawler is considerably slower than other Tie models, and is more fuel consumptive than its other counterparts. Largely because of its specialization for such missions and its high cost, the Tie Crawler has seen limited production, and are only used for the most important of missions.

I had forgotten about the original inspiration for the Tie Crawler, until someone had brought up the yellow bricks on the sides of the cockpit. I had been inspired to create a elite styled Tie Fighter after seeing several appear in Star Wars rebels. I finished the cockpit, but I didn’t have any unique wing ideas, so when I finished it, a few weeks later, it didn’t have the elite paint job.

Special thanks to @legomaster1378 for helping me smooth out some of the details.

As a bonus, I also included pictures of a Crawler painted in the late Commander Skerris’ yellow motif.

So long and Thanks for all the fish!

39 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS I DID NOT THINK IT’D LOOK THIS MUCH COOLER IN RED!

1 Like

So, the original tie crawler was awesome, but the red markings, somehow make it even more awesome. There’s not really much else to say. All my previous compliments still apply here. As always, amazing work.

Nice! I see that you’ve smoothed out the back of the cockpit module fairly well.

I actually really dig that yellow colour scheme. Kinda reminds me of Blacktron.

Would you happen to have any of those 2x2 round plates with round bottoms in black or light grey? I believe they might work better than the trans-clear ones.

Lastly, while I like the red colour scheme you’ve added, I feel as though there might be a bit too much of it. The red highlights on the TIE Defender Elite seem much sparser. I’d recommend removing some of the red bricks from the cockpit module and seeing how that looks.

2 Likes

The red. OMG! The red! THE RED!!!

-Pursue 42

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, much appreciated, but I’m happy with how I have the cockpit. I’ll see what I can do for the wings.

1 Like