Transformers Live-Action Movies

By the looks of it, there is. On TFW in the comments of that article I linked, there’s circled images of the backpack with what looks like a hinge visible through the plastic. These pictures just don’t have the backpack folded.

1 Like

Alright then, I might have to get that Barricade…

Yeah, I’m gonna pass on that Optimus, and while this Bumblebee is a new mold, I honestly don’t need another 'Bee in my collection. The Sqweeks RC toy is for kids, which is okay, but I hope a legends class version or something similar is also in the works.

Edit: The guy who took the photos of Barricade also has an album for a deluxe(?) class “Berserker” and Bumblebee.

Here’s the Berserker

Don’t worry, it looks like his arms can be rotated into a more natural position. He looks pretty good, and I can’t wait to get a Dread that scales with Crankcase.

And now here’s 'Bee

<
Yeah, I’ll pass this one. It’s just a repaint of the AOE Bumblebee and the deco is worse than the original. Kinda disappointed, but I have too many Bumblebees already.

1 Like

I will say the paint apps on all three look kind of shoddy. Since this is January and Hasbro hasn’t even officially unveiled them yet, these could be taken straight from a factory when all the paint isn’t completely added yet. Although I’m still going to be upset about the inaccurate Bumblebee anyway.

EDIT: After investigating a little further, Barricade comes in a package, so he’s certainly done. Bumblebee and Crankcase don’t though.

1 Like

Well, if The Last Knight’s toyline is gonna be anything like the other four, we’re likely gonna get an unholy a large amount of Bumblebee merchandise. Hopefully they’ll have a more-accurate version planned. Heck, since his new design is so similar to his original trilogy one, Hasbro could probably get away with retooling one of the 2007-DOTM toys.

1 Like

Possibly. Also, on the Barricade and Space Optimus, there are ‘Exclusive Reveal’ stickers or something like that on the packaging. So, like with TFP, these are the first runs just to get some toys out there, and a new line will pop up later with some better molds for some characters. Like how Vehicon’s First Edition toy was kinda bad, but the one later on was terrific.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. Have you heard about some of the leaked toy listings on Amazon? There’s supposed to be a Movie Masterpiece and Leader class Optimus, a $150 Cybertron model, and a few other interesting items. They sound pretty interesting and it would be a shame if these leaks were proven false.

I think they’re legitimate. The Cybertron thing is pretty interesting, since we haven’t gotten a toy of Cybertron since… 2005? Maybe? It’s been a long time. Still, at least we know it’s not Unicron.

2 Likes

Thankfully.

Also, Transfomers 6, the Bumblebee movie, has been confirmed to be a prequel, along with Transformers One. I wonder how that’ll work, as Bumblebee’s past is already an important part of the lore and no doubt will be touched upon in One. Since One will take place on Cybertron, will Transformers 6 take place on Earth?

1 Like

What is this “Transformers One”?

1 Like

Transformers One is a prequel to the first movie. It’s going to be set on Cybertron and I personally hope that it’s based off of IDW’s movie prequels.

2 Likes

Possibly. I would like a thriller-chase film where Sector 7 is trying to track down Bumblebee pre-movie1.

Yes please.

1 Like

I doubt it

The new writers said they were taking inspiration from past comics and cartoons, so it’s not beyond the realm of possibility.

Apparently we are getting the new TV spot in about 8 hours or so. I think this time it benefits from a planned release schedule, in particular we know the release time, dates and locations.

TV spot will apparently be a different or shorter version with an extended TV Spot with the superbowl.

We also got this image;

I hope we get a leader class set, but at the moment we have’nt heard anything other than info on a Cybertron/planet set which is expected to be a repaint of Cybertron Primus.

4 Likes

Dude, that poster is BA.

I don’t think I’d be too disappointed by that, as I’ve always wanted that toy, but $150 seems a little much.

…Why does Optimus have blood on his face?..red blood…

2 Likes

New TV spot

1 Like

Consider my mind blown! Can’t wait 'till Sunday!

Also, Michael Bay had a few words to say about the Last Knight and the series as a whole on his website:

"I’ve been living in this franchise for over 10 years now. For Transformers: The Last Knight, we put together a writers’ room designed to greatly expand our mythology, integrating our films in a whole new way. Every movie will interlink.

It was a huge task to expand mythology from the beginning of the world throughout history. We had a great team of writers: Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind); Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man); Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down); Zak Penn (Ready Player One); Lindsey Beer (Barbie); Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Tomb Raider); Christina Hodson (Bumblebee); Steven DeKnight (Daredevil, Smallville); Jeff Pinkner (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Lost); and Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari (Ant-Man).

Through the summer of 2015, they worked in a huge space on the Paramount lot, surrounded by over 10,000 concept images from the franchise’s history: the movies, cartoons, and comic books. They had a life-size Bumblebee, a Megatron head, and many other props staring them down. We pulled from everything. It was a fan’s dream room.

We brought in Transformers historians from Hasbro to educate them on where Transformers has been – so that they could figure out where it can go.

I can safely say that there’s never been a Transformers film with the huge visual scope and expansive mythology as this movie, The Last Knight.

It’s bittersweet for me. With every Transformers film, I’ve said it would be my last. I see the 120 million fans around the world who see these movies, the huge theme park lines to the ride and the amazing Make- A-Wish kids who visit my sets, and it somehow keeps drawing me back. I love doing these movies. This film was especially fun to shoot. But, this time might really be it. So I’m blowing this one out.

It’s a final chapter and a new beginning. Here’s the writers’ log line:

The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference.

In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours."

Edit: the extended Superbowl spot is OUT!

3 Likes

What I thought up when I heard Barricade was coming back:

Barricade: Alright I am ready to fight

Megatron: Barricade? Whee have you been for the last 10 years?

3 Likes

Barricade: Well…I got murdered in 2011…

1 Like