Transformers: Salvation

Lightshift, Fuse, Riot, Thrust, and Vigor sit in their hab-suite, conversing in Ancient.
“That little expedition was fun” Thrust said. “Who knew stuff like that was still around?”
Riot nodded. “That was pretty great. But man! I’m exhausted.”
Fuse sighed. “Yeah, I might recharge a bit.”

“See ya,” says Sprocket, returning to his work.

The drone jumps backward, out of range of the swing.

Some of the taller buildings in Little Iacon, and the balconies built into the walls of the hangar, provided such a view.

Aboard the Armageddon, an irate Bludgeon paces around the bridge, accompanied by Banzaitron, Lockdown, and Thunderblast. They had recently attempted another surprise attack on the Salvation, only to arrive in the system just as the Fleetcarrier was jumping to transwarp, eluding them again. Bludgeon was furious- his spy had failed him, and worse, humiliated him in the process. The Decepticons crewing the Worldsweeper’s bridge were rightly on edge; they knew that, for some inexplicable reason, Decepticon higher-ups had a peculiar habit of decapitating their subordinates as some form of stress relief.

2 Likes

Daria went over to the buildings, looking for an entrance and hoping for a way up.

Scrapshot uses this chance to get up and back up, defending for an attack. To be honest he had no idea what the win conditions for spar was.

Of which there were many.

The drone charges, brandishing the baton.

Bludgeon turns to face a hologram depicting a red protoform with yellow optics: the chosen avatar of his spy for communications such as this. The spy crosses their arms and stares blankly back at the Decepticon lord.

“I can make no promises that near misses such as this won’t happen again,” they say calmly. Hiding behind anonymity, a multitude of encryptions, and vacuum gave one a measure of confidence that they would otherwise lack in the presence of a furious Decepticon lord. “We’ve greatly underestimated the intelligence of Salvation’s crew; some of them have already deduced that one of their own is selling them out.”

“Yeah, I’ll bet the perfectly-laid ambush might’ve helped tip 'em off,” comments Banzaitron, glancing at Thunderblast.

“If all had gone as planned, Salvation would not have escaped,” coldly responds Thunderblast. “The responsibility of failure rests upon the shoulders of Obsidian and Strika, not the Twenty-sixth fleet.”

Silence,” hisses Bludgeon, a dangerous edge to his tone. He turns his attention back to the spy.

“We can use this to our advantage,” he says. “Before long, Salvation’s crew will begin to point fingers at one another. Hearsay and wild accusations will flood its decks, and paranoia will weaken them from the inside.”

The spy nods. “Perhaps I could… ah… help them along,” they propose.

“By all means,” replies Bludgeon.

2 Likes

Shadowraker had returned to Zepar, her gaze said it all: the other Autobot didn’t reveal anything about their identity aside from what the Angelicon already knew.

He decided to rest his mind of this task for a moment and check out the Knight ship that had been brought aboard and, afterwards, ask Motherboard and Flareshot if anything had developed in their investigation of who the traitor is.

OOC: you know that Zepar is going to try and avoid letting paranoia dictate his investigations, right? He knows that being hasty leads to big mistakes.

Inquisitive Savant rests in the massive docking cradle in hangar thirty-one. In the pale light of the hangar bay, construction teams could be seen making modifications to the cradle to better hold the ancient derelict, and teams of researchers could be seen wandering atop Savant’s hull, studying the cyberglyphics inscribed on it.

Zepar approached one of the constructicons and researchers and asked if he could explore the derelict vessel.

Zepar is granted permission to explore; all crewmembers were welcome to see what they could find aboard the craft.

OOC: gtg

1 Like

“Thank you.” Zepar said as he carefully entered the craft and began looking around, admiring the relic for its historical and religious value.

Savant’s long, extravagant corridors stretch from one end of the ship to another, lit faintly by dim, flickering fixtures concealed as part of statues and arches. Here and there could be seen a barely-active terminal.

1 Like

Zepar knew from his studies that Golden Age tech like this tended to have secrets that were worth exploring. In this case, hidden compartments and entire rooms were potential finds to be expected when exploring a ship. The issue with that was twofold: finding the differences that showed the thing’s location and then how to access it; finding the secrets is the easy part, the challenge usually lied in getting to it.

He taps on a nearby terminal out of curiosity.

The panel assumes a fluid consistency and ripples as Zepar taps it. Strings of blue cyberglyphics materialize above the terminal.

Welcome… please stand by…

Zepar waited, intrigued by the terminal’s reaction to his touch.

The terminal then displays a distress message, also written in the ancient glyphs:

We urgently request assistance. Critical system failure. Engines offline. Twelve dead, seven gravely wounded. Energon reserves dwindling.

Potentially 18 other bodies either back in the field or in the ship. Zepar mentally noted.

“What were you doing out there?” He muttered as he tried to see if he could pull up a record of the ship’s activity when it was in use. (Ship’s log)

What little of the log was accessible (much of the ship’s datatrax were horribly corrupt) suggested that Inquisitive Savant and her crew had simply been exploring the star system that Salvation’s crew had found them in. The high quantities of Energon detected in earlier surveys from probes had warranted more extensive study.

1 Like

Titan Squadron where spending their time in their headquarters.

“Man this is so freaking boring,” Sidewire said laying in his bed bored. “Literally we’ve been here for 24/7 and it has been boring,” he complained.

“Come on, it can be that bad.” Techwarp reasoned.

“It is bad, just like the time where we had to guard those energon supplies.” Sidewire started to explain a mission.

“Which was very important!” Sidestrike added.

“Correction BORING we were like for six megacycles.” Sidewire continued but Sidestrike corrected him again.

“It was just six hours then the good stuff happened if you want to see it as that.” Sidestrike said.

“Yeah, I was so happy when it did.” Sidewire nodded.

“Well, my only other choice is to explore the ship some more,” Magnobolt suggested.

Paradox sighed. “It’s better than doing nothing…so.”

Magnobolt nods and he got up as so did his team and soon left their headquarters and walked around. (@Chromeharpoon)

Zepar makes notes of the log before closing out and exploring the ship some more.

Broadwing rested in his nest. Suddenly he was struck with a horrible hungry feeling.

He didn’t want to risk going to the crowded dining hall. He’d have to find something here.

He peered over the edge to see one of the nearby workers. No one would miss just one engineer right?

No! Killing was wrong. What would Wildsong think? No, he couldn’t kill the bot. But then agan, you don’t exactly need arms or legs to live.

Broadwing swooped down and grabbed the worker by the shoulders, bringing him back to his nest. Once they were both inside he transformed to robot mode.

“Hey. I’m sure this is a really weird question, but do you have any non-vital body parts you think you could live without?”
He asked as politely as he could.

@Chromeharpoon

1 Like

“Frakkin’ finally,” says a female voice from behind Titan Squadron.

Zepar might happen upon a V-shaped intersection. Protruding from the wall that divided the corridor he traveled into two was a statue of a Knight- not unusual in and of itself, given the nature of the old derelict, however it might be worth mentioning that, unlike most of the other statues Zepar might’ve seen so far, this one did not carry any sort of weapon.

The rattled engineer backs as far away as he could from Broadwing.

“Uh… I guess I have a few like that,” he says hesitantly. “But I’m not really inclined to be giving any away,” he quickly adds.

“I-if you’re hungry, I hear there’s a junkion selling glitch mice and things like that in one of the hangars.”

2 Likes