Transformers: Salvation

Scrapshot waves goodbye,
“oi, I guess this a goodbye, em… probably best for it.”
He turns around,
“Guess I should satiate my boredom.”
Scrapshot turns and walks away from the park heading in the opposite direction. He walks through an alleyway and transforms into Driftburn, a decepticon. Driftburn glances back hoping no one saw and decides it would be the best use of his time to figure out what had happened to cause that turbulence. If possible it would be best to make sure as few people knew about his transformation ability…though now that he thinks about it. Driftburn scratches the back of his head, he felt like he had done something once that may have compromised this form, but he had forgotten what that was…

“I can fly in space, my guess are far an few between, the engine could have sputtered or something, probably something to do with our propulsion…I guess I can relate with the ship though.”

@Chromeharpoon and to anyone else in the bar,

Juliana races into the Antillian Sunrise, “Sorry I’m late Sir! I was in the park, and- and- I lost track of time, Ohhhh, I’m sure you mad at me and rightful so! I’ll gather my things” she looks down, looking both embarrassed and dejected at the same time, and begins to turn away.

Zepar checks the notes for if they were dangerous before he considers ways to contain them.

Toss-up, Shakedown, and Breakout stare blankly at Actaeon for a second or two.

“…I’m gonna pretend I understood that an’ say ‘yeah’,” Shakedown announces. The other two nod in agreement.

Halfrunner, regaining his bearings from the earlier turbulence, turns to Juliana.

“What?” he reacts, raising a metal eyebrow.

“Nah, it’s cool. Totally fine,” he says reassuringly, smiling. “Honestly, with everything going on, you being a few minutes late is the least pressing thing on the agenda.”

Nearby, the DJ picks himself off the floor. A glass of engex had fallen on his head and shattered, spilling its pink contents all over his noggin. He mimes a sigh and begins to wipe away the drink covering his visor.

The little bugs didn’t seem to pose much of a threat; they apparently consumed the sentio metallico of blank protoforms and used it to build hives and clones in a manner similar to modern-day insecticons.

“Oh! T-Thank you so so so much, how can I help clean up?” she replies her features brightening with joy at recovering her job.

“We’re gonna need some blank Protoforms for these creatures if they are to remain a minor presence.” Zepar said to Grommet.

Halfrunner looks around.

“Huh… well, maybe you could help get us a new door…”

The broad-shouldered antillian points to the blasted-open doorframe.

Grommet scratches his head.

“I’m not sure we have any aboard the ship,” he says. “I certainly don’t.”

On the bridge, Broadband looks around, as if expecting something or someone to be arriving soon. Breakswitch, the navigator, takes notice of this.

“What’s the problem?” she asks the comms officer. “Looking for somebody?”

“Yeah, actually,” Broadband replies. “You see, usually, when this kinda thing happens on a ship, people flock to the bridge to see what’s up.”

“Well, Salvation’s a big ship; they might just be taking a while to get here.”

“There are currently no crew members traveling toward the bridge,” Motherboard comments.

Broadband points a finger at the first officer.

“See? It’s weird.”

“Gladly Sir, I’ll go see if Thrift has any for sale, how big is it?” She asks, Looking at the door and tilting her head in an attempt to judge its size.

Halfrunner gives an approximation of the door’s measurements.

“Thrift, eh?” he asks. “He and I did some business a few centuries back. Tell him I sent ya; might work in your favor.”

Epsilon calls the bridge, asking what caused that lurch earlier.

“Well, these guys seem to consume sentio metalico from blank Protoforms to survive and make nests in hot spots and Wells.” Zepar said to Grommet, “But, I don’t want to know how they behave when without that resource for an extended time.”

“Yes Sir!” he answers and she jogs out of the shop and to Thrift’s shop, where she walked inside.

“Ah,” Blight thanks, studying it. “I’ll take your three strongest drinks. The midget’s paying.”

Pixel didn’t seem too upset about it, even laughing a bit.

1 Like

Broadband seems to light up as Epsilon’s voice speaks through a console at her station.

“Hell yeah!” she cheers. “I was starting to get nervous.”

Then, she clears her throat and responds to Epsilon.

“Well, uhm… whoever you are… somebody in engineering shut off the transwarp drive, causing that little jolt you and (some number in the thousands) other bots felt. We took some more damage to the hull, but it seems to be just surface-level stuff.”

Grommet nods. The thought of an outbreak of flesh-eating arthropods from Cybertron’s ancient history plaguing the ship was not very comforting.

“Well, where would we find some sentio metalico readily available?” he wonders. “Aside from the morgues, of course, but I imagine Forcep would be opposed to that…”

The strange fluid pouring out from the Omega Key seemed to be activating self-repair functions all throughout the Savant. Thin films of liquid metal wash across the walls and outer hull, sweeping away the rust and filling in the jagged cracks and holes in the armor. Entire sentinels were even being constructed, and a hum echoes down the corridors as ancient mechanisms in the ship’s framework begin to re-activate.

Halfrunner turns his attention back to Blight. He looks over to Pixel upon hearing that he would be paying. Then, he shrugs, and makes his way back to behind the bar.

“I get that,” he says. “I think I might get myself something strong,” he chuckles.

Thrift had returned to his shop in hangar thirty, flexing his repaired arm to test its functionality. He pats his personal diagnostic drone on the head.

“Thanks for holding down the fort, little guy,” he says appreciatively.

“It was my pleasure, bro,” the drone responds in its posh accent, eliciting a chuckle from Thrift.

Zepar was looking a bit nervous as the substance spread across the Savant and tried to ask the computer what this substance was.

“So…someone hit the emergency brake on the Transwarp?” Epsilon asked.

Juliana, Who had been silently standing in the doorway, blushed a little, and attempted to get his attention.“Um, ah… ar-are you busy?”

“Thank you, sir!” Blight grins, pushing a foot into Pixel’s back.

Actaeon looks at them,
“What?”

Driftburn wanders around trying to see if he could find a clue to what had happened to the ship.

The Savant’s AI, in response, projects an image of the diagram on the blue-colored quarter of the door that Zepar had recently opened. It does not name the substance pouring out of the Omega Key.

The liquid metal, on the other hand, was a complex and versatile alloy that the Knights of Cybertron often used in weapons, computer terminals, and ships such as this. All that modern-day science had been able to discern was that it was at least partly based on some form of nano-technology.

“…Yeah, actually,” Broadband replies. “That about sums it up.”

Thrift turns, and then gives an animated wave hello.

“Well now I am!” he says happily.

He saunters over and holds out his hand, offering a handshake.

“Name’s Thrift; I’m sure you’ve heard of me, though,” he introduces himself.

Halfrunner serves up the drinks- each a tall glass filled with a sparkling red variation of engex.

“You wanted the strong stuff; I get you the strong stuff,” Halfrunner says with a chuckle as one of the glasses emits a brief burst of purple sparks.

“Yeah,” Shakedown deadpans.

“Yeah,” Toss-up echoes with a nod.

“For frak’s sake yeh two, knock it off,” Breakout scolds the twins.

These clues came in the form of announcements and damage reports visible on every terminal Driftburn may walk past. Salvation had accumulated some significant damage over the course of her short voyage, particularly in the last battle with the heretics and the terrorcon Knights. She’d had to perform an emergency exit of transwarp, which had only added to her list of injuries, and now the bridge crew was still working to figure out where they were and what was around them, if anything.

1 Like

Computer, what is being shown in this diagram?” Zepar asks in Ancient.

“And we are stuck until everything gets fixed?” Epsilon asked.

“Oh um… hi” she answers, Looking a little apprehensive, then she seemed to gather her courage and shakes his hand firmly, “Mr. Halfrunner needs a new door about” she outlines the dimensions, “and I was told you might have some in stock.”