Unofficial Fallout Topic

I was wondering why robobrains weren’t in the base game…

legendary item drop: “Staggering Fatman. 25% chance to stagger on hit”

Fatmans kill most things in a single shot so staggering is kinda pointless. (Though cool)

The only Fatman my 200+ hours got me was a “Medic’s” so its a HEALING fatman. (Quite annoying).

(sarcastic Russian accent) it was joke, you killed joke, joke kill you! promptly loads Fatman

1 Like

Loads Gauss rifle. you wanna try me bro?

1 Like

WAIT THE DLC’S FINALLY COMING OUT, HOW DID I JUST FIND OUT
Well I do live under a rock…

EDIT: I just realized I was too excited to use proper grammar…

1 Like

The first one is coming on the 22nd it’s 10$ in steam.

In less than 3 hours Automatron is released.
I am so exited, I’m bursting at the seems.
At midnight I shall begin downloading it!
Then probably sleep, because it will take forever…

1 Like

Um lobster its the 21rst today not the 22nd.

1 Like

Timezones, and that kinda thing…

1 Like

I got the DLC and I LOVE it.

I wont spoil it yet.

I love it too, haven’t finished it yet though, because I take my time with things, (That main story do), so I appreciate the lack of spoilers.

However, I have encountered something rather annoying, if it is a bug, or glitch, I hope nobody else has to suffer, and if it is intentional Bethesda makes some real strange decisions. I should probably say what the problem is.

So haven’t tested much, but I have problems with the names of bots that I build, and how they are all called Automatron. So I build a robot, and I wanna give it a name, so that’s what I do, then when I walk up to my robot, and get it to follow me, it’s name is changed to just “Automatron”. I go back to my robot station, select this robot, edit it’s name, hit confirm, then watch as it doesn’t change.

I don’t think I’ve tried editing the name of a robot, after when I initially build it, but have not traveled with it. I have tried waiting 24 hours, and leaving the area, but still no luck.

Pls send help…

1 Like

That screams bug to me. I do not have the same problem but I am playing on PC.

By default the robots should get names like “Automatron-939” or “Automatron-743”.

When I am able I’ll throw up some screenshots of my creations with the DLC.

1 Like

You are a lucky one.

I think the one that I do have built, because I couldn’t revert before him, was like that, but now, he has no number. I would actually love it if he was still had his number.

I can’t wait to see them…

1 Like

I literally read that as “Woof. Woof never changes.”

2 Likes

Ok as promised I have the pictures of what I made minus spoilerific items.

Tesla Armor

ADA

Curie+

Jimmy

RadBot

Pyro

2 Likes

You get a fatman during the main story line though, during act 2, didn’t you get one then (if you did main story)

Anyway, Far harbor this month. Anyone else looking forward to it? I hope it means there’s more work to do with Nick Valentine, he’s awesome. Also, out of curiosity, does anyone have any preferences to followers. I find it so difficult to choose, decided to stick with Valentine.

1 Like

I believe he is talking about legendary weapons…

1 Like

It still bugs me that you can’t have human+non-human companions like new Vegas, speaking of new Vegas, it also bugs me automatron doesn’t allow for eyebot companions.
I find piper’s the most likable f4 companion.

1 Like

^^^
There is also one in the robotics disposal ground.
And another on a power armor raider in a building near corvega.

I maxed out everyone’s ('cept strong and X6) affinity a while ago so I’ve been using automatron robots sometimes and going alone the rest of the time.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with survival mode. I like the mutual lethality it offers.