Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Yep Hewkii Mahri is “hands” down the best… wait he doesn’t have a right hand.

2 Likes

Even if he had a right hand, it wouldn’t do much…

2 Likes

Her’s something I would like to say to the defenders of the Av-Matoran build, just because you’ve used the pieces in a moc, doesn’t mean it’s a good building system.

2 Likes

I apologize in advance if any of these aren’t unpopular. I haven’t been involved in the Bionicle community for many years.

Just because the G2 Toa have more articulation and were more poseable than G1 Toa doesn’t automatically make them better.

Umbra’s color scheme of Metru Green and Keetongu orange was actually pretty good. It was the silver that ruined him.

The designer of Hewkii Mahri’s mask did nothing wrong. However, the same can’t be said for whomever decided on his color scheme.

I’d go as far to say that the villains of the Stars wave were somewhat “good”. Their Av-Matoran design was obviously pretty bad, but at least they were somewhat unique. While the Skrall wasn’t exactly anyone to write home about, getting a different version is somewhat nice. We had also never gotten a proper Heat Vision Rahkshi and a bad Rahkshi is still a Rahkshi, which is pretty neat. And Nektann was a new character with a backstory, which I personally prefer greatly over a dumbed down version of an already existing Skadi, which is what we got with all three heroes. It’s actually almost impressive (in a horrifying way) how Lego designers were able to simplify Gresh’s already simple design even further for the Stars.

6 Likes

LET’S DO THIS

• 2001 is an overrated year that is only really good because of the MNOG.
  • The Mata are bad sets.
  • The Turaga are bad sets.
  • The Ignition Trilogy is a better told story than the OG Trilogy.
  • Gear functions are overrated if they compromise poseability.
  • 2009 was an alright year with some stellar sets.
  • BIONICLE is stronger in the hands of the fans rather than in Lego’s.
  • HF had a better story than BIONICLE G2.
  • HF had better characters than BIONICLE G2.
  • HF had a lot of wasted potential and quality.
  • Hero Recon Team was a bigger innovation and attempt to do something new than anything G2 ever tried to do.

-Mesonak

EDIT: Oh yeah and

• The Miru is a dumb mask
23 Likes

Mata are only loved for nostalgic reasons and Turaga is a no brainer.

Aside from the clift-hangers, I can understand.

Well from G2 and CCBS Star Wars and hopefully onward, but it’s not an issue for you people.

including g2

1 Like
  • The giant robot battle between Mata Nui and Teridax was really cool
  • He should be called Teridax, not Makuta. Calling him Makuta outside of the context of the 2001-05 story is nostalgia blindness
  • The 06 Matoran were cool sets
  • The Rahaga aren’t that bad
  • The Bohrok-Kal aren’t a horrible story concept and it was actually fun to have enemies that were kinda OP
  • Skull Slicer is a fun set
5 Likes

I never owned the mata or nuva yet I still think they look really cool. I don’t think that could be nostalgia. but it might just be my love for the atmosphere and look of 01-03 and not the actual quality of the sets.

You are full of blasphemy today :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree with every one of these points. Thank you Meso.

well, that’s the point of this topic.

Oh no, Eljay will be triggered.

He wasn’t already?

Just look at that face.

1 Like

HF unpopular opinions

• I loved the concept of hazard-themed villains in the place of Bionicle’s traditional elements for HF’s first wave (explosive, corrosive, biohazardous, etc) to fit in with the urban city-scape environment.
  • The villain’s personalities overall, though arguably shallow, were a nice break from Bionicle’s overused “edgy warlord out-for-revenge and give me the mask” archetypes (by 2007, I couldn’t care less about each of the Barraki’s backstories) HF’s villains were modern, realistic and had unique goals.
  • Ordeal of Fire is my favourite HF episode, followed by Savage Planet.
  • The Breakout sets were meh to me
  • Invasion from Below was awesome
3 Likes

Eljay’s always triggered.

That is a picture of what Eljay is on a daily basis.

2 Likes

If you weren’t so popular in the community, some people would be very, very angry about that message.
I, personally, agree with all of it.

Except that.

1 Like

The design of the Miru may not be dumb, but the Miru all in all…is pretty stupid. The Kadin makes it totally pointless. Why just levitate up, down or to the sides, when you could just FLY?

Well yeah, but the Miru looks like it was actually designed for flight. That’s at least how I feel.

Yeah, maybe if the Miru was the mask of flight, and the Kadin was…something else, it would be better.

1 Like

The only people who deny this are blinded by nostalgia.

Depends on how they are implemented. The '15 sets did a stellar job at combining poseability and function.

2 Likes