Ven's Custom Painted Mask Shop

Wait, so is this like a commision thingy or is it a thing where you buy the mask and have it shipped etc.? Because if so… TAKE ALL MAH MONEH

1 Like

Have you tried reading the original post?

You know, the one that explains everything.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I’m still a bit confuzzled.

1 Like

It’s both, I sell masks that were already painted and I accept requests.

1 Like

Then I may buy one

1 Like

@Ven , are you using any kind of sealer after painting the masks? Also, what type of paint base are you using currently (acrylic, enamel, etc.)?

I personally haven’t had any scratches or problems with my masks, but I may be able to make a couple recommendations to people who want to put extra clear coats over the paint. :slight_smile:

While we await Ven’s response, please allow me to add one of the masks he did for me very recently!

14 Likes

Not unless the mask is requested to be glossy, in which I seal the mask in a clear, glossy spray paint. Otherwise, I simply just add as many layers of paint as reasonably possible.

Pretty much all of my paints are acrylic. I used enamel for transformers before, but it wore out the plastic and caused it to crumble. =(

Thanks for showcasing your mask! Looks great on the set if I do say so myself, LOL.

3 Likes

Could you make a Great Jutlin with a pattern based on Anti-Venom, for example?

As you already made Carnage, might as well continue with the symbiotes, I guess.

2 Likes

Oh no! I had no idea enamel would do that to plastic…that’s crazy! Sorry dude. I’ll see if I can post a few sealers later this weekend when I have a chance to get back in my studio. If anyone’s in a pinch and seriously needs something to seal a mask; hairspray is a great, quick go to that makes a permanent mask and shouldn’t hurt the plastic.

Just be sure to test it out on a spare part first just to be sure it won’t ruin the plastic but I often will use it as a quick seal or fixative. :smiley:

2 Likes

It would actually be a lot easier than the Carnage pattern, so yes, I could.

Yeeeaaap. Lost a really good figure when I realized what was happening…

1 Like

I have a question. Could you repaint a Glatorian Ignika silver, perhaps?
I’m just curious.

1 Like

I could, but I don’t have one to paint at the moment. I can order one the next time I restock though, if you’d like.

1 Like

Apart from the Anti-Venom Great Jutlin idea… can you paint other LEGO Constraction heads, like Chima, for example? In that case, could you paint the crocodile´s head to resemble Godzilla? I know it´s a weird request, but yeah.

1 Like

I could try. I don’t have that piece readily available though, but if you are interested, I can order one sometime or you could send me one.

1 Like

I do own one.

The hard part is sending it to you.

You see, Ven, I´m a 14 year old kid who lives in Spain. I bet my parents would be a bit creeped out if I sent a Lego piece to a total stranger I met on the Internet with the promise of getting it painted.

Therefore… I have a better idea! We can think of a pattern, and then you give me some ideas on how to paint it. What do you think?

I mean, I don´t expect you to spend 20-ish or more dollars on a lousy request made by an even more lousy teen on the Internet. But I´ll leave that to you.

By the way, I meant this guy´s head:

BTW I now know this guy´s name is Cragger, I´m just not into Chima that much.
I bought him for MOC pieces.

1 Like

;-; i wish i had that set, but i got panthar instead. ;-;-;-;-;-;-;

1 Like

That´s sad, I have both.

1 Like

You havent listed any 06 masks, it was not only rubber y’know

1 Like

The 06 masks are made out of a type of rubber that is incredibly hard to paint. Because just putting the mask on the “head” will cause the paint to crack.

1 Like

Yeah but i meant the rode and olmak

1 Like