What is your favorite Lego set?

The title says it all. I don’t have much words for this post. Just tell me your favorite Lego set.

3 Likes

Do you mean of all time or current, because those are two different things to me,

Of all time, probably 03 Makuta

Currently, the rumble blade

2 Likes

My favourite lego set ever is the lego city fire engine from 2005. I´ve Always loved that set, especially because of all the playoptions provided with all the different accessories and the boat.

1 Like

Easy, Tahu Master for what he represents to me.

As far as system, probably one of the Power Miners or Space Police sets.

2 Likes

HHMMM.

I will give you a top…few.

Any Furno set, considering I have owned them all.

The Space Police SP Undercover cruiser, for nostalgia and how cool it was.

As for Bionicle, none of the new sets stood out to me as being favorites, and I like HF sets far more…but lets just throw in Lewa and Tahu master. just to be nice.

1 Like

This is for me the best set of all time.

You have absolutely no idea of how much fun I had with this set as a kid.

It’s also one of the reasons why I was able to build JTO Makuta from just those few pictures before the inner build was revealed on Flickr.

4 Likes

In terms of sets I own, I would pick Onua Mata. It was my most recent G1 set, but I always wanted it.
In terms of overall, Kopaka Mata. Pretty much the same reasons as Onua.
Now for system, probably one of the Star Wars sets. I think I own a X-Wing or something but I got it so many years ago that I can’t remember. My point is, I liked it.

wow this was a long post

1 Like

Oh I forgot HF! But it’s easy for me, Rocka 4.0. That set is a masterpiece.

3 Likes

I still love 2004’s Creator Dinosaur set.

And don’t forget the MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Spacecraft.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I haven’t put much thought into what my favorite LEGO sets are.

I do have an emotional attachment towards 7251 Darth Vader Transformation since it was my first LEGO set all the way back in '05. However, after rebuilding it a few years ago, I can say that it’s less than perfect. The gimmick of the set is okay and all, but all the random bits added in just makes me feel like it’s a jumbled mess.

I would also apply this to 375 Castle (a.k.a the Yellow Castle) since I have more of a sentimental attachment to it instead of enjoying it purely as a great set.

As for sets that I would consider to be darn-near perfect? 70816 Benny’s Spaceship comes to mind instantly. Styled to look like a classic spaceship from the late 70’s whilst still using LEGO’s current array of pieces, it’s honestly a stunning set. 31050 Corner Deli and 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina also come to mind as fantastic models.

I’ll probably come back to this later with more though, but yeah.

3 Likes

I’d say the Fortrex, as of now. It’s such a compact and solid little playset, as well as including a decent amount of minifigures along with many fun features.

2 Likes

For constraction, my favourite would have to be either Greivous or the Bohrok. The Bohrok are insanely fun, and I really love Greivous’ build. For system, it’d probably be a Mixel of some sort (I can’t decide because they’re all good except Burnard) or the Epic Dragon battle set from 2012.

1 Like

Probably my 2005 Clone Turbo Tank. Still have it, and still love it.

As someone who got all the Episode III LEGO sets, this was my favorite of the year. Four Clone Troopers? Two Battle Droids? Mace Kriffing Windu? Heck yeah this set was a must-have for me back in the day. Since the majority of those sets are now in pieces, I’m glad this is the one of two that are still in one piece.

3 Likes

This set.
It was one of my first three actual sets, and I have built and rebuilt it many a time.
It’s sentimental to me for so many reasons, personal, Lego, and Star Wars related, how could it not be my favorite set.

4 Likes

For construction it would probably be Lhikan and Kikanalo or Umarak the Hunter

For system it would probably be the Epic Dragon Battle set from Ninjago.

2 Likes

Hmm… For Constraction, probably either Hydraxon or Maxilos (for some reason, I just like the aesthetics more than anything else).

System I haven’t put much thought into to be honest… probably either the 2008 Clone Battle Pack, or the old Snowtrooper Battle pack. They were just such a good mixture of minifigs!

That said, after having binge watched ninjago, I’m thoroughly excited to get into the Raid Zeppelin (It’s the closest thing LEGO’s given us yet to an Edge Chronicles set). It looks cool, and I can’t wait to record a let’s build with it tomorrow!

1 Like

The Lava Base from Agents.

Mine is incomplete but it’s an awesome set.

1 Like

As for constraction, I don’t really have one, though my semi scrounged Bohrok is pretty fun.
Also, Lhikan is amazing, but I don’t have the Kikanalo.

1 Like

I’ve had hours upon hours of fun with this thing.
It is the best castle. It looks amazing. It has great figures. It is the best set. No contest for me.

6 Likes

Looks bigger than I remembered, nice!

1 Like