Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Yeah, I don’t think it’s an awful price. And since they have such a wacky construction, using more parts then needed, in addition to recolors, it’s justified. I just wasn’t expecting to pay up to $16 USD, but that’s kinda on me. It just makes hard to buy multiple.

1 Like

Its a hell of a parts pack.

1 Like

Nice little display box:

11 Likes

to who it might concern;
Im getting the bootleg in like 3 days, maybe less, I’ve never had a model kit, so, any recommendations on what to use to cut the runners?

1 Like

Razor blade / exacto knife

1 Like

FROM THE SELLER WHO BROUGH YOU ARTICULATED HANDS COMES…

these weird things that are overpriced af, like, 20€ each

21 Likes

The weapons look super cardboard.

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, they look cool, almost good enough to warrant a 20 dollar price tag… if they were LEGO quality plastic, and of that, there’s no guarantee.

1 Like

Gotta love the the photoshop job to make them look way better.

6 Likes

From “cheap” plastic, yes. But if Lego were to make something like this, it would go around $30 USD.

3 Likes

The appeal of bootleg was always that its cheeper than the original. If I have to pay a near to or exactly like the original price than whats the point.

Granted exceptions can be made when you account shipping or sets that have above average piece amount.

is it weird that the bootlegs look better than some g2 sets

8 Likes

Ekimu bootleg is definitely better than the 2016 Lego version…mostly cause he has proper armor and color placements.

1 Like

No, it’s not. I mean, it might be for you, and that’s alright, but I wouldn’t go ahead and assume that for the majority of fans. It might be nice to be a little more open-minded here.

Right now, the average TLG constraction set is pretty terrible, and these bootlegs are much more creative and versatile as per the ones that folks have been reviewing; typically, both the individual parts and the completed model are better. If the plastic quality is comparable, as some have been claiming, paying more isn’t too far out for me.

5 Likes

I will always go for the cheaper choice and maybe MAYBE if its too awesome by design I might save up for something pricier…but overpriced stuff, yeah looks alone wont convince me.

Then again, you have different perceptions of whats worth and whats nots, so I guess we cant really change that aspect much without like living the same lives.

1 Like

I have no issue with that. This whole thing is totally subjective, and there will always be certain things that represent the zenith of constraction for one fellow and the low point for another. Nothing against that.

4 Likes

Another BootLego arrived today. This guy actually had a name on the package. He’s called Lu Bu!

15 Likes

How are the joints on the bootlegs? Do they vary from set to set, or are they all relatively weak?

Also, are the shells weaker?

1 Like

that’s what I asked him in flickr, didnt answer tho

in the one I bought, the shells and bones are tight, the axles are bigger than regular lego pieces, so if you tried to use them with regular lego pieces, they will slide out

4 Likes

And @Asriel

They seem consistent to me. Shells and bones are all good. It’s the pins and axles that often don’t measure up. I think it’s because they don’t have the friction ridges and notches that official parts do. So they slide off too easily.

With they way their builds work, it’s an issue. But for MOCing I just don’t use those parts.

5 Likes