LEGO Ideas 90th Anniversary Set Poll Discussion

Honestly I actually think the real reason they cancelled G2 was because of SW Buildable Figures
LEGO has a rule that only one constraction theme can be active for some reason and considering SW figures were popular at the time they most likely just abandoned bonkles
It makes sense, 3 full years were promised but SW figures started coming out a year later, they kept saying G2 sold well and tbh I believe them - all the stores here sold them quickly and I barely collected all the sets

They were? I thought they flopped completely and had had to be sold for a high percentage off to even make some profit.

I just saw that there is an english version of the article. Maybe that’s interesting for someone.
https://www.stonewars.net/lego-news/interim-results-of-the-lego-ideas-90th-anniversary-survey/

1 Like

I was aware they had flopped, but they never dropped to reasonable lows in order to make even, at least nowhere that I looked. That did happen with G2 though; I got two Tahu Uniter for $9 a pop.

Also I can’t believe Xtreme Team is failing the vote :sob:

4 Likes

I’m not saying to “consume product,” but there seemed to be a lot of people who made no effort to support G2, then scratched their heads as to how it could have possibly failed; and the prevailing mentality rn seems to be “LEGO PLEASE GIVE US LITERALLY ANYTHING” but I know ■■■■ well that a good portion of that crowd is likely to turn around and say “NUUUUU NOT THAT LEGO REEEEE!!!” and this will only show Lego that we only intend to support Bionicle from a distance and not in any way they care about, which really smokes all chances of getting anything good in the future.

7 Likes

This is definitely part of the problem. What we like about Bionicle isn’t necessarily what Lego wants to make.

A massive part of the love for Bionicle comes from the intricate lore of the original line, and that’s just… not what Lego is about. They make toys.

To me, the ideal Bionicle return would be a conclusion of the original story. No sets required. But I can’t see Lego doing that.

1 Like

Not sure how reliable this is, but someone on Reddit posted the results on the 90th anniversary poll so far:

It seems like Bionicle is winning, and by a good margin, too!

5 Likes

you’re a little late

8 Likes

Needs more JPEG.

5 Likes

That’s still different to having no intention of considering it. It’s one thing to say “I’ll vote for a Bionicle anniversary set, but I’ll only buy it if it’s good” and another thing entirely to say “I have no intention to buy a Bionicle anniversary set, but I’ll vote for it anyway because I just want it back”.

They said “Bionicle” sold well, but I don’t remember them specifying that G2 did.

1 Like

Do I look like I know h’what a J PEG is?

I just want a picture of a goddang hot dog.

5 Likes

The “second round” will not be of people voting from the top three, but rather, LEGO themselves deciding which theme is gonna get the set from the top three most voted.

3 Likes

Oh, still rooting for classic space

me too

me three

H A I L D E N M A R K

3 Likes

ACCURSED VIKINGS, GET OUT OF ENGLAND YOU GODLESS DANES!

There will still be a vote. Lego just isn’t committed to following the results. They can still use it to gauge interest though.

1 Like

Dang! I just saw this post now, I’m an hour too late.

So, the first round is over. I wonder when we’ll see the results.

Probably not until the next round starts.

1 Like