Building Metru Nui in Minecraft! Re-Doing never

dang! maybe later?

2 Likes

Well, thiis is going to get frustrating. TO ANYONE WHO SEES THIS: DO NOT ASK TO JOIN. DO NOT ASK TO JOIN. DO NOT ASK TO JOIN. THE SERVER IS FULL. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IGNORED

1 Like

It’s not so much that it’s full, it’s more like we already have enough active and skilled builders.

“Skilled builders” You know I’m in this team?

1 Like

Did I freaking stutter?

2 Likes

you know sammy spartan is in this team…?
shotsfired

2 Likes

Guys! We’re on highlighted topics!

4 Likes

I finished the Hype Train, though the Hau looks more like a Pakari.

Imgur

4 Likes

6 Likes

You know, I’m willing to bet part of the recent lag might have something to do with the abundance of command blocks made to do stupid crap like that. Has anyone tried getting rid of them and seeing if it does anything to improve framerate?

command blocks have nothing to do with lag, unless it spawns mobs or, is on a clock

That may not necessarily be true. Those are the conditions for lag within the game itself, but in terms of the server, more command blocks means more complex data the server has to store, and process as the game is running. More data being run on things that aren’t relevant to active play mean it’s taking more memory from the active play environment. So if they are removed, it potentially could improve lag.

This is of course under the assumption that Mojang hasn’t put in a failsafe so that this type of data doesn’t intrude onto the active play portion. Without seeing the server box itself, we have no way of knowing how it’s partitioned.

huh I also forgot a command block was a block entity but there is some glitch in 1.8 that causes massive amounts of lag
(not saying this to save my ■■■ I am being serious here) its a severe problem and with all this eula and microsoft bs mojang arent fixing it
we will have to wait for the lag to go away
how long?
I dont know

Command blocks count as entities now? I didn’t even realize that, I don’t believe they used to act like that. So, perhaps we should at least try to remove them and see if it does improve framerate. None of them are especially relevant, but it is still proper to ask permission here before attempting it.

not entities
BLOCK entities which are different

lol common mistakes I guess
oh and the command blocks were there for goofing around, we should probs remove them after we are done

on the servers mainland side of things

3 Likes

I understand the difference between entities and tile entities. I simply said entities on it’s own as shorthand. So please kindly stop talking down to me.

…I smell?

ok

(crawls back into swamp)

1 Like

talking…down to you?
I just told you that they were different, said it was a common mistake and that we (refering to the entire group) should get rid of them
I am starting to feel that you dont like me much…

It was the way you said that made me think you were talking down to me. And correct, I don’t like you much after today, because of the way you’ve been talking to me, both here and in the pms.