Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Jeffrey filled the heads of the agents with the noise of nails on chalkboard, at the volume of a helicopter, in order to disorient them. “Run!” He yells while they’re distracted. “Follow me!”

Zablex does his best to close the wound and tries to carry Justin’s body as he follows Jeff.

OOC: Bullet to the brain. Have fun with that.

IC: Eliza stumbles after the others.

By the time the agents recovered and gained their bearings, everyone was gone. “Suspects have fled. We will now be searching for them.” An agent said into his walkie-talkie as he got into the van and drove away from the site, thinking that’s where the group had gone. the coast was clear.

Rodian ran with the others.

Jeff had ducked into the library, where he was regaining his composure.

Zablex, still using the Conduit he took from Justin’s body walks to the ruins, carrying him.

What is this place? he thought, looking at the ruins and for a doctor.

Jeff couldn’t look at him. “A bullet through the brain isn’t fixable.” He says quietly. “He’s dead. We would’ve been to late even if we had the meant to heal him.” He gets up and looks around at the shelves of mostly decrepit books. He spots a pedestal in the center of the room and walks towards it.

“Did he have anyone he wanted to give his Comduit to in the event of his passing?” Zablex asked, he like the fact it gave the user the power to phase through stuff.

He had an idea for a ‘proper burial’ for him but it would take a bit of work and an amplification.

He also sees the pedestal and walks to examine it.

“I don’t know. He said he got it from his mother, but the way he talked, it seems she’s no longer with us either. Maybe a father.”

On the pedestal sat a book. Or at least what was left of one. The pages inside were all worn away with time and completely unreadable, however the silver cover was still intact. On the front cover were Conduit runes surrounding a blue gemstone, the two together were big enough to take up most of the cover. Jeff observes it. “Tanzanite.” He said. “Makes sense they’d put it on a book.”

“Remind me what that does.” Zablex said.

“A family heirloom.” Zablex said, “If I had to guess, it should either go to a sibling or parent.”

Ike holds the gun he took in his hands “So anyone know how to use this?”

Mokuzai sits back rubbing his neck. My plan thwarted while I crafting my plan. What a shame. He perks up at the word of another conduit but sighs at the fact it’s not combat related.

Holly looks at the others “I believe we’re screwed at this point.”

“Tanzanite is ‘Knowledge.’” He said. “The Conduit is held between two people, and is activated. Then, they can send information through it to each other. It can also be used to shine onto a thing to learn more about it, but only when amplified. Generally, it was used for translation and language purposes.” He said.

Meanwhile…

Ancient Ruins, Eastern Estonia

In the middle of what seemed to be the remains of a half-buried castle, the air itself began to ripple. Soon, a small area of air collapses in on itself, out of which stumbled a man obviously not of this time. Crystal shards of ten different colors fall from the ten different indents in the crown in his hand. He looked around, obviously frightened and worried. “Minun täytyy päästä täältä!” He says to himself, voice quaking, as he started dashing off.

1 Like

Zablex thumbs through the pages carefully, “So one with an amplifier would be able to make this thing readable or is it just a book with runes and a stone in it?” He asked.

“Yes. A quartz user would be able to roughly translate things it shines its glow upon, or learn more about what it shone upon.”

Holly raises her hand “So are you implying that I get the book? If so, can someone else take it instead?”

Mokuzai leans over to rest on his side. We just witnessed a murder and a guy go blind. How desensitized is everyone here?

1 Like

“I don’t care.” Jeff said in the same monotone tone he’d been using since arriving at the library. “That’s for you guys to decide.”

Shelby was still sitting near the body.

The man runs through the ruins, not looking anywhere but forward, until he reached the edge, and kept running past them.

Mokuzai activates his past sight to see the past of the area around them. Gotta chill out and mellow myself. I’m bloody tired of seeing what these maniacs do.

He’d see people wandering around the structure, taking and reading the books. Then, it’d flash to an earthquake as the structure collapsed, people panicking in and around it. Then, finally, it’d flash to a confrontation between two groups of soldiers in the remains, though obviously soon after the quake, as evident from the lack of moss and as much wear on the stone.

He sighs as he watches the soilders fight. Mokuzai decides to continue watching incase another stone exists at the area.