Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

OOC: he inherited it from his mother when she died. And he has no siblings.

IC: Christine sat in her wheelchair, annoyed at the turn of events. “I won’t stand for this.” She began to make preperations to track down Jeff and his group.

He’d see the battle draw down to a simple one on one, where one lone soldier would reign victorious among a fire. He’d take the Conduits both captains had been wielding and walked off, leaving the bodies in the back of the building.

Jeff sighed. “I’ll be back.” He said as he walked outside.

Shelby stood up as she saw this and started after him, but stopped soon after. She turned away and started heading towards everyone.

The man would soon see another group of ruins, among them only two structures left even somewhat standing. By that point, it was about night, so he walked into one to find a place to sleep for a short bit.

Mokuzai contemplates leaving the group to pursue where this soldier went. He shrugs and continues watching to see if any more people would come.

He would see no other important events until they arrived, except the emigration of the people who lived there at one time, and the slow burn of time killing the structures they left behind.

He gets up and looks at the others Do I follow for this new possible conduit or do I stay. “I’m gonna go take a piss outside. I’m not too confident going by myself though. Can uh… Someone come to keep watch and make sure I don’t die.”

Jeffrey walks through the night and eventually walks into the ceremonial building. He stops, as he sees a man lying on the ground, seemingly trying to fall asleep. He starts to back away slowly.

1 Like

Zablex carefully puts Justin’s body down and looks at it sadly, He had so much to live for and now he is no longer with us; rest in peace, Justin. he thought as he went to follow Mokuzai.

Justin’s body would be mysteriously missing the next time somebody visits his tomb. Most likely a grave robbery.

Shelby goes back to sit by his body, but notices it missing. “Bu-…wha-…when? Why? Who?” She asks.

Jeff speed walks back towards the library.

OOC: He’s in the library and Zablex has his Conduit; not really much left to rob aside from if he brought devices and a wallet.

IC: “Let’s get this over with; I may not mind camping but I do mind the cold.” Zablex said to Mokuzai, trying to sound like he was joking.

Mokuzai nods and heads outside and walks behind a tree. He activates his past sight and starts to piss

Zablex has his back to Mokuzai to give him his privacy and keeps an eye out for anything odd.

He’d see panic, and a fire razing the town. He’d see two opposing forces fighting all throughout the city, then people leaving the burnt remains en mass, before nature did its best to reclaim the land.

Jeffrey walks into the library. “We have company.” He said.

“Miss CIA Whatserface?” Shelby asks.

“I don’t think so.”

1 Like

Zablex leans down to grab a large stick and tries to petrify it into a club or escrima stick; he felt a bit more comfortable knowing he had a weapon on hand if he were attacked.

Mokuzai sighs and finishes up. He calls back to Zablex, “Hey I’m gonna go for a walk. Mind if I ask you to come with?”

He brandished his obsidian escrima, “Don’t get into trouble.” He said as he stepped forward.

Eliza looks up from where she’s been sitting, knees pulled up against her chest. “What’s going on?”

“We have company.” Jeff said to Eliza. Shelby follows Jeffrey outside. “Come on.” He said. “This way to where I saw them.” He passes Moku and Zablex. “Hey! Over here!” He’s whisper loudly.

If Zablex was in her field of view, she’d see his stride and posture was pretty somber. He didn’t show it before but he was disturbed by the death of Justin; his rage blinded him for a time and he was starting to cope with the fact he witnessed a murder.

Zablex quietly whistles to Mokuzai to get his attention before heading over to Jeff.

OOC: I just realized Zablex’s facination with music tied to the Conduits may help him decipher a few things in the language of their original nation!

If my hunch is right and the new guy speaks a language Zablex is familiar with from those songs, he may be able to, albeit very poorly, translate some of what he says until they can get a Rau-equivalent Conduit.

OOC: we literally just found that book with the tanzanite in it

IC: He pointed to the other building still standing. “Someone’s in there.” He said. “Let’s go find out if they’re friendly or not.”

1 Like