Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Well I can see we are already welcomed here.” Blake said sarcastically

“What is your name?” The elite asked Cabis

2 Likes

Cabis twisted his head towards the elite “Cabis Vul”

2 Likes

The major looked somewhat confused as he heard Vul, clicking his mandibles softly

“Rather they had enough honor to not kill a defenseless human child… However for all I know they only intended to raise me just to give me a fighting chance once they did try to kill me” Kyanna said

2 Likes

He nodded and lowered his gun. “I am Atan Movumai.”

2 Likes

“Honor is a worthless concept that does not matter. Killing a child requires strength of the mind, i would have killed you” Cabis said looking again to Kyanna

3 Likes

Kyanna didn’t acknowledge Cabis’ comment.

“It is odd to here the name Vul… Yet… Refreshing… . I have not heard that name in a long time” the major said

2 Likes

Cabis turned to the major “why so much interest in my name”

2 Likes

“I believe it is good to hear that name once more…”

2 Likes

“And i doubt you will hear it again” Cabis said a mixture of anger and sadness in his voice

3 Likes

“indeed…” The major looked back at Daylight “so these humans come to help yet seem to cause more trouble…”

2 Likes

“I will admit. The name does sound very familiar. And at least these humans are attempting to help.”

2 Likes

“We’re here to see the Arbiter. Let us through.” Butch said.

1 Like

“Just because you attempted to help us does not mean we will take orders from some klaka.”

2 Likes

“Even if our strategy worked, and we got through the Covenant forces that had you trapped in here?” Mariana asked Atan. “And judging by the conversation you and Cabis had, while we have business to tend to. Was your plan to talk them to death?”

1 Like

“Speak to me again like that again, and I will sever your puny head from your neck.”

2 Likes

Leo slumped behind cover.
“Why doesn’t Butch go over and talk? He’s the highest rank we have here, right?” Samuel said.

2 Likes

“Yeah he is. I don’t know why he isn’t trying to even speak.” Blake said watching the conversation.

“Thing are getting heated, I got a feeling this could go south.”

1 Like

“Very well then.” Marina replied. “But it is unfortunate that you have such a size advantage over me. And my name is Mariana, if you wished to know.”

1 Like

he grunted at her, not caring what her name was.

2 Likes

Butch urged them forward toward the Arbiter. Deeper within the temple, a drop pod crashed into the room, where the Arbiter was fending off a squad of Covenant Jackals. The Arbiter slashed the Prophet’s Bane through three Elites, the fourth was killed by Butch.

“Who are you?” Arbiter asked. His sword lowered, but he did not shut it off. He had discovered that humans were unpredictable, this warrior could shoot at him just as well as he shot the Sangheili attacking him.

“Butch Pierce, Last Regiment. We’re a coalition of different species. We’d like you to be an ally if possible. We want peace, and would assist in your war against the Covenant.” Butch said.

The Arbiter took time to think on these words. What would the Master Chief think of this coalition? In the brief time he had known the human warrior, the Spartan, 117, he had known humanity was hard headed, but not without the capacity to devise new war machines that could out do the Covenant’s own on some occasions. He could use the additional firepower the LR could offer him in his war. “Butch Pierce, tell me about your Last Regiment. I will not d*mn my people to a similar fate as it was beneath the Prophets.” Thel explained. “Come, there is much to discuss.” The Arbiter said as he watched the Covenant forces retreat.

3 Likes