Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Ilza lobs a decently-sized rock at her. She might miss her altogether, she’s not a very good throw.

Sonata went closer to the two, hopefully to be seen.

Dax peaked around a corner seeing the two, he smiles and walks back to Capella,
“Looks like they’re just fine. I guess false alarm.”

Melody watches what happens in the market streets, as she hides in an alley. She does not want to be pulled in some crazy adventure again…

Erebos continues his downward journey, eventually the lush swamp that is the Water Region. The fauna don’t surprise him one bit, but he keeps an eye for any landmarks that might interest him.

Xol falls asleep thinking of all the different possibilities of what he might learn. He was happy that he decided to go on this journey and not remain a miner forever.

Symphony sits in waiting, he had considered that it might take a while, but not this long. He briefly sighs and knows that he can’t do much for a while.

The Dark Mist warriors would be at the edge of the Earth Region by now. They did not know that Symphony had lied about the Ice Capital.

Lady Krad sat on her throne, something felt off, but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

Within a few minutes the bartender is back, now with a scowl. “Lucky you; Pheore’s quite popular around these parts. Past few months she’s been in and out of the region, going back and forth to the City of the Mask Makers. As far as can be told, she’s in the Jungle Region right now. They say she was snooping around the capital, or trying to, anyways. Word has it she was lookin’ for Vizuna.”

“No, I meant the tyra-” the older one cuts off with a screech as Bramble reveals himself.

Ekimu clears his throat impatiently. “I believe he was referring to your intentions.” The guard force arrives alongside Sonata, filing into the marketplace without a word. They spread out along the edge of the plaza, leaving a few paces between each of them. One of them backs towards Hitora and Keya.

“It’s not safe here,” he whispers. “You two should be on your way.”

The two go flying back into the rocks, while the third lands on her lower leg. Rather than latching on like the previous spiders did it starts scuttling, circling around her leg as it climbs.

3 Likes

Vra’axinni cocks his head to the side. “No? Who is this “Vizuna?”” He asks. “Sorry, my tribe was a bit reclusive, and it it a name I have never heard before. I was talking of the Spider Queen.” He tells them.

Hitora smiles. “I appreciate the concern, but it’s fine. I can help take him.” He looks at Keya. “You should go though.” He tells her, flicking his eyes to the top of a nearby building.

Keya starts to protest, before realizing his intention. “Alright.” She says, going off, out of sight. Hitora turned back towards Skies. He activates his gauntlets as a precautionary measure.

The guard continues to stand between Hitora and Skies, unsure of what to do. People like Hitora weren’t exactly covered in protocols. At least Keya had left.

The smaller villager manages to tear his eyes away from Bramble and focus on Vra’axinni again. “The Spider Queen?” he asks in a trembling voice. “She isn’t real.” He doesn’t sound too sure of himself.

“…Right.” Vra’axinni said, realizing that this was a little kid, and not wanting to scare him. “Someone calling herself the Spider Queen.”

Hitora stood where he was. He didn’t want to provoke the guards, but he intended to face this strange beast.

Keya snuck on top of the building, readying her sniper and awaiting a signal.

2 Likes

Sonata watches actions, thinking she might leave soon after this.

1 Like

Luckily Kryuna was able to dodge the rock, as it just narrowly missed her skull. Shen then turned her attention toward the final spider scurrying up her leg. She attempted to seise it in her hand, and pull it off her leg before it lodged itself.

Jevis simply nodded and walked out. He had to find Vizuna.

3 Likes

She gets lucky, and manages to snag one leg. It continues scrabbling at her leg, but is ultimately at her mercy. Another spider has managed to ready itself, though, and skitters for her other leg.

The kid nods with a gulp. “A-and this person took your home?” The other villager is still gaping at Bramble.

1 Like

The Skies glared impatiently for a second before he realized no, he hadn’t actually stated his reasons for being here.

“My apologies.” He took a sweeping bow, his great frame creaking slightly as he did so. “I am the Lord of the Skies, ruler of the Region of Jungle, and one of the Masters of the elements. My time asleep has evidently dulled me slightly.”[quote=“Runa, post:1859, topic:47931”]
Hitora stood where he was. He didn’t want to provoke the guards, but he intended to face this strange beast.
[/quote]

His eyes fixed on Hitora once more, as the guards crowded past wordlessly. They didn’t seem happy.

“I’m guessing this isn’t the welcoming committee.”

Bramble shrugged. “I wouldn’t know too much about this, but… I did see some powerful person in charge of a really big amount of Skull Spiders, back when Makuta was sealed away.”

2 Likes

OOC: Skipper focused post.

IC: On his way out from the mask makers city he every now and then thought that this strange fixation on going to the Earth region was weird. Skipper himself didn’t know why he was going there he had certainly avoided the Earth region for as far as he can remember but he doesn’t know why. A thought about it being dangerous terrain and hazardous pits and falls every where was the explanation he settled for. It made sense to him that the Earth region would be a dangerous region to travel through because of those reasons. Anyhow he was now heading their with a strange feeling of being powerful and capable of greatness. Even though he knew that he wasn’t in control he let it go he wanted to do this. What would be unseen by the naked eye was the fact that Bluewind and Skipper and their clashing personas worked in unison creating the illusion of one whole being. Each part of him being equally incomplete without each other.

Meanwhile Azure waited for a signal to attack.

Tarkur went towards the Earth region gucko platform.

@Toa_Vladin Era picked up her stuff and once again thanking the bartender for his information. She motioned Athena to grab her stuff and leave as she herself began walking towards the bars exit.

Ilza hissed and charged her while she was distracted, trying to pin her down to make the process quicker.

@BlackBeltGamer98 “I mean, the participation at Ekimu’s mission three years ago could be named experience, right?” Vladin asked the Fire Okotoan.

@BlackBeltGamer98 Rena walked outside the Forge, not really bothering to find out why Blaze was so relieved to see her. She seemed to be covered by a mountain of thoughts, not really knowing what to do to get rid of them.

@Tarkur @meepinater Feom the far corner of the bar Athena jumped on her feet and walked to Era.
“What did you discover?”

Icar nods, “Yes, it can but there are times when more careful thinking is called for and the same with the inverse; it is really down to what you feel is right.” He said.

“Rena,” Blaze said gently, “Is there something you want to talk about?” He asked, seeing she had a lot on her mind.

Vlasin nodded.
“I understand that. I am feeling confident enough for a small scaled expedition.”

“I need to find Erebos.”

“Well,” Icar said with a smile, “the first step in such an adventure is finding where you need to start.”

“Why?” Blaze asked, “He betrayed the island thousands of years ago and has shown he intends to finish what he started.”

“This is the thing: I don’t know where to start.”

“Look, I just need to.”

Icar thinks for a moment, “I would start by asking if there are any archeological sites that need volunteer work; they usually help ease the new folks into the field.”

Blaze seemed confused, “Why?” He asked.

He knows Rena’s able to take care of herself but he was still very concerned for her; she seemed to be troubled by something but he couldn’t tell what it was.

“Do you know any such site?”

“Reasons.”

1 Like

@Toa_Vladin Era responded with “It’s a deadend but I got conformation that she was here.” As she exited the door expecting Athena to follow.

Skipper continued walking to the Earth region.
Tarkur waited at the gucko platform
Azure waited on a signal from Ekimu
Reige continued regaining his strength.