Salvation: Part II

Shockwave barely emotes, but Facelift tilts his head and squints- an amusing sight, him being a cyclops and all.

“…What?”

“F-four. Four frogs.” SideStep giggles gleefully.
“Frogs! Four frogs! Frogs wanna have drink?”
He offers an empty bottle to Shockwave.

Both cyclopes remain silent for a moment.

“…Okay, you’re the genius,” Facelift eventually says to Shockwave. “What’s his malfunction?”

“There are a number of possibilities,” Shockwave replies in his usual baritone. “The most likely of which involving intoxicants in some capacity.”

SideStep stepped closer to Shockwave, shaking the bottle.
“T-t-try some!”

“The bottle is empty,” Shockwave bluntly replies, looking down at SideStep.

Pixel might see a black ambulance zipping by- the vehicle mode of Forcep, the ranking medic aboard Salvation.

“You g-g-g-gotta imagine it.” SideStep whispered dramatically.

“When you’re part of this crew, crazy is to be expected.” Zepar said, “Now, may I ask where Lady Corona is located?” He asked, “I think it would be best to have the captains discuss things with her in person.”

Facelift looks at one of the walls of the corridor.

“Primus, and I thought Salvation’s booze supply was bad already,” he asides to the players.

Shockwave simply looks up at the ceiling.

Sidewinder nods.

“I can get you guys pointed in the right direction,” he says.

“Point away once we have everyone back on.” Zepar said, sending Shadowraker out to check on if everyone was on the ship.

Zepar had a pensive look on his face as his dragontail (how it’s spelled when he’s in robot mode since it’s in the same place as the ponytail hairstyle) swished back and forth like a cat’s does sometimes.

He recalled how accounts, rumors or otherwise, of Corona had made rounds among his people from time to time; whether or not it was believed to truly be a gift of prophecy depended on the individual, even among the Guiding Council of Fathers and was always one way to strike up conversations with Angelicons as they all had differing opinions of her.

1 Like

SideStep laughed loudly.
“But this is the best!” He said.
He offered another bottle, this time full.

Pixel stares at it curiously, scratching at his chin.

All crew members were aboard Salvation. Many of them had gathered on the exterior catwalks to observe the massive Jelly-bot still following them.

Shockwave takes the bottle and turns it over, studying its contents.

Facelift watches, leaning against a wall.

Forcep speeds on by, bound for hangar thirty-one.

Shadowraker flies back to Zepar and gives him an affirmative chirp.

“Seems we aren’t missing anyone.” He said, “So, which way to Lady Corona?”

“Oh, she’s-”

Sidewinder takes a step forward, staggers, then drops to his knees.

“Whoa…” he says dizzily. “That ray-gun of yours really wore me out…”

“Here.” Zepar said, giving Sidewinder a small Energon cube he had spare, “I’ll see about having our medic help you on the way to Corona, provided you give us a direction to go, of course.” He said.

Those must’ve been some pretty nasty injuries. he thought.

OOC: He’ll call for Forcep anyway.

Sidewinder takes the energon, leaning on Zepar for support. He hands the angelicon a small device.

“Here,” he says. “Take that to your navigator.”

1 Like

Zepar accepts the device.

“Stay here, you need to rest.” He said as he lowered Sidewinder down, “I’ll be back with a medic to see if they can patch you up.”

With that, he headed to the bridge to deliver the device.

The bottle was full of a very potent and strong drink.

@Toa_Vladin @meepinater @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @MaxinePrimal @BlackBeltGamer98 @Jcton @ProfSrlojohn

Our heroes receive some overdue payment for their good deeds, earning each 5,000 shanix- the basic currency of the cybertronian race. With it, they could purchase weapons, armor, drones, and other pieces of equipment to aid them in battle.

…Or a quick drink to quench their thirst. Their spending habits weren’t this narrator’s business; you do you.

In addition to the paycheck, any of our heroes looking out a viewport might notice the massive admirer trailing Salvation on her port side: a techno-organic, jellyfish-like mechanimal almost as large as the Fleetcarrier herself. It drifted after the ship, propelled by pillars of plasma as its immense metal tendrils sway and emit bursts of red energy.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ momentarily breaks his stoic demeanor upon sighting the giant, staring at a video projected on Motherboard’s visor open-mouthed.

“…Gunners,” he says after a moment of silence, “I want you ready to blast that… whatever-it-is… to slag at the first possible sign of hostility.”

“I’ll bet it’s probably thinking something along those lines about us, too,” Broadband comments.

“This planet keeps finding new ways to throw me for a loop…” Flyby sighs.

Topside was still waiting in his quarters for Wildsong to reply to his earlier message (@Toa_Vladin) When he hears the big jellyfish-bot outside blares a low, warbling call that makes him jump off his seat in surprise.

“By the beard of-!” he begins to swear, before calming himself down.

Zepar would pass Forcep as he traveled, and possibly Pixel, as well (@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister).

@ProfSrlojohn Zepar had left Gatecrasher and Sidewinder alone in hangar thirty-one- the Savant AI’s holo-avatar had faded away, and the construct was now likely shifting their attention elsewhere.

Sidewinder sits against a stretch of railing, resting as he looks around at the hangar bay, clearly in awe.

Shockwave wordlessly hands the bottle back to SideStep. He and Facelift then look out a nearby window.

“Aaaaand we’re being followed by a big, stupid jellyfish,” Facelift comments. “And I thought I was crazy already…”

“Fascinating,” Shockwave observes.

@Jcton Sprocket had returned to his lab.

“Look, if you’re gonna give me grief for leaving you alone with-” he begins to quip to Grommet, before stopping as he realized his Decepticon counterpart wasn’t paying attention. Soon, he too takes sight of the “Jelly-bot” out the window.

“…Well,” Sprocket sputters, dumbstruck.

" ‘Well’ indeed," Grommet replies, equally stupefied.

Zepar informs Forcep of Sidewinder and his situation and location before continuing to the bridge to speak with the navigation team.