Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!

Giant robots, sunglasses, drills, giant explosions and so much hot bloodedness you couldn’t stir it with an oar.

Gurren Lagann is well…

I’m going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of those huge ears of yours and listen! The reputation of Gurren Lagann echoes far and wide. When they talk the most epic anime ever - the anime of indomitable spirit and masculinity - they’re talking about this! The mighty Gurren Lagann!

THIS TOPIC IS THE TOPIC THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!

JUST WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!

Yeah.

Drills and stuff.

16 Likes

this is probably my favourite anime ever
the mech design really appeals to me, the general humour is nice, and the mix of seriousness and humour is done well enough were the humour part doesn’t feel out of place, the art style is cool too, and the story is pretty excellent
the music is amazing, and that final battle
is frickin brilliant
everything about it appeals to me in one way or another
even the characters, all of them are introduced with a purpose.

I love it

3 Likes

I’ve seen some of it, my brother finished watching it in… either it was a day or two days.

I hear it’s great and it’s funny and whatevs, but it was made by Gainax, who made, make, and do a lot of things that I don’t agree with. There isn’t enough tradeoff for me to actually get into it.

The music and robots are good, that much I do know.

I’vr watched the first 15 episodes and honestly, it’s amazing

wwent through the series, planning to watch the second movie

HOW?! HOW CAN ThEy REACH IMPOSSIBLE SCALE?!

I’m willing to buy the ULTIMATE 800$ BLU RAY COLLECTION WITH ART BOOK AND BOTH MOVIES AS WELL

who else cried

2 Likes

Is gr8

I rather liked this show.

This show is the best

How?

Simple.

They evolve! Beyond the person they were a minute before! Little by little they advance with each turn. That’s how a Drill works!

3 Likes

My opinion: I liked this show a lot, but there are things which bother me.
The things that bothered me were:

1.Boota ex machina (self explanatory I guess =P. He just appeared to save the day outta nowhere)
2. The way nothing ever defeated Gurren Lagann. Not even ONCE

3. Yoko (she just seemed like a generic tsundere-ish character who was there mostly to provide fan service)
4. The show’s focus in the first half (from 1st til 16th episode)
Tis’ I go in depth with.

So to understand what I mean Gurren Lagann at the base is a story about a boy becoming a man. That boy is obviously Simon. At the very start of that show it did indeed focus on Simon, but soon after Kamina was introduced It all changed. It started to gravitate around Kamina and Simon was eclipsed by him. Kamina was indeed a very entertaining character thus he was the first thing I latched onto. He was the first to act and engage everything and by far overshadowed everything in that show.
I understand why he was set up that way, but sacrificing the focus of the show was not the way to do it. The moment he died this show to me became like a shadow of itself. It felt as if they took the star out of this show. Only 3 episodes after Kamina died the show regained it’s focus on Simon again, but it left that little bit of disappointment (also because Kamina was a really entertaining character).

The things that made me like this show were:

1. The mech designs (I like the way they included faces into them. It gave them a bit more of a character. My favorite mech was Spiral King’s becos it lookd kewl).
  2. Kamina (he became one of my favorite characters of all time pretty quick because he seemed very lively, optimistic and confident and was the focus of the show for quite some time)
  3. The world building (it was very interesting and original. It also gave the world this sense of mystery).
  4. The way characters progressed in the second half (17th to 27th episodes)
  5. The feels, mang.

So yeah. I liked it.
I’m just gonna go to sleep.

4 Likes

I would watch this, because a whole bunch of people say its amazing, but I have so much else I wanna watch, so maybe in the future, maybe, probably not for a long time…

1 Like

And Yoko. I’ve never watched it. I’ve only heard salty haters talk about it. You, Beef, are the voice of reason. I’ll have to watch it sometime.

2 Likes

People hating Gurren Lagann

10 bucks horrid taste hipsters.

It’s really fantastic, so I recommend you give it a go.

Also, just starting the dub. Pretty decent.

3 Likes

pretty decent is an understatement you scrublord

3 Likes

Never seen it. How long is it? Episode wise?

27 episodes.

Alright, that’s reasonable.

suggest you can either watch the entirety of the series, and/or watch the first season/17 episodes then watch the second movie. First movie you can skip since there’s very little new parts added into the first movie

Watch the series dubbed and then the movies subbed.

It’s how I did it.

Mainly cause the movies aren’t dubbed.

And the seiyuus put more effort in the movies.

2 Likes