The Elder Scrolls

Not pictured is the amount behind me.

They took my maxed statistic character from full health stamina and magic down to what is seen in the photo.

Granted my armor was just mid-level stuff.

1 Like

By the way, apparently a Skyrim Remaster is happening. Like, I’d rather have an Oblivion remake (even the Morrowind character models are more attractive than the Oblivion ones!) because… it’s ugly. It’s so freaking ugly. I like it, but it’s ugly.

2 Likes

^ x100

2 Likes

Skyrim special edition does look great. I would prefer Oblivion but I guess this is something something they already had from experimenting with the new console system. It’s pointless for pc gamers, however I look forward to getting my free copy even if I won’t play it on pc. I guess its more for consoles due to the addition of mods. I certainly look forwards to start my skyrim adventures again with better graphics and mods but on frostfall.

I’m glad to hear elder scrolls 6 is in very early stages of development and is one of Bethesda 3 big games. I certainly expect we’ll see a lot of new and interesting stuff. Although because it’s gonna be the last of these 3 confirmed fallout/skyrim sized games to be released within the next few years I can’t expect it in any less than 6-8 years time.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. From my perspectives ENBs can make the base game look okay, but they lack the general artistic vision that the TES team were trying to create. The remastered version already looks better than most ENBs I’ve seen, and the updated hi-res tree and ground textures are a godsend.

3 Likes

What i’m really looking forward from Skyrim SE, is the new engine.

2 Likes

TESO dropped 20$ in price.

And that’s before the rumored summer sale starts today.

1 Like

I’m definitely gonna get it if it gets low enough. Since Bethesda is gonna put out 2 full games before TES VI, I need something to hold me over until I turn 30. XD

3 Likes

Oh man.

I wish i had a good computer and actual money.

2 Likes

I bought it for £9 on ebay. Sucks that I can no longer play it on pc.

2 Likes

Something i’d like to see in TES VI.

(Finally managed to fix my PC, woo!)

I’ve been replaying Morrowind and Skyrim lately, comparing each other to see the flaws and strengths of each one of them.

And there’s something i’ve seen more in Morrowind than Skyrim, something that is so small, yet so essential to the atmosphere.

Clutter.

You see, clutter in Morrowind reflects the behaviour of the owner of a house, or the outlaws in that abandoned mine.

For example: Take Caius Cosades house, you can see it has a messy, disorganized house, reflecting his addiction to Skooma and such.

While in Skyrim, every house seems just like the same boring generic house.

I’m not saying Skyrim lacks of this feature, in fact, some of the buildings and dungeon in Skyrim can be very interesting. (Bloated Man’s Grotto and Dragonsreach). I’m just saying Skyrim doesn’t implements it THAT well imo.

2 Likes

@Kan I think it was just impossible given the time constraints. Not only do they have to design unique terrain and houses (along with textures), but they always have to put items in those houses that make it seem like someone lives there. There are just so many houses in Skyrim that something has to give. Either you make the houses a little more generic than you’d like, or you end up spending an extreme amount of time detailing the lifestyle of each individual NPC and have their dwellings reflect that (taking a lot more time to develop as a result), which is something that we as gamers don’t think about. We just play the games, y’know?

Sure, they could’ve extended development time in order to create the perfect game, but if you’ve seen the reaction TES fans had to TESO and the announcement of TES VI being a long way off, it just isn’t an option. Fans honestly make it hard for Bethesda to deliver amazing projects. Take too long? Fans will roast you. Release it within the expected amount of time, but it’s obviously lacking in a few areas because of time constraints? Fans act like you’re taking advantage of them. Nowadays, you just can’t win. People are generally a lot more jaded now too.

4 Likes

I personally don’t mind them taking their time (As long as they don’t take 20 years to make it).

It’s better to polish your product as good as posible and have awesome results, than rushing it and delivering a bad, clunky and boring game.

Witcher 3 is an example of development done right.

2 Likes

So I got ESO and it is downloading right now.

2 Likes

Tell us how it goes! I’m probably gonna hold off until they remove level-restricted areas this fall.

2 Likes

So I spent all day getting the game set up only to get to a hugely long loading screen.

2 Likes

Ripperini.

2 Likes

Gonna restart the game in a second to see if I can shorten it by reducing settings.

edit: it’s working now.

1 Like

I got ESO on release and played for two months before I canceled my subscription (which was mandatory back then). It was a fun game, but it took very little of the philosophy from the main games and mostly was just your average MMO (aside from the more fun combat in comparison to WoW and the open ended class system) , as well as having a lot of glitches. I also found that most of the quests and characters were mediocre.

It does seem they have improved the game greatly since then during these two years, although I’be yet to return to the game. I do wish to do that, especially now that they’re going to completely open up the world by removing the level restrictions. It’s a shame though the game wasn’t like that I release, as it would have been a much better game from the start.

2 Likes

To be fair most MMOs do something similar.

After putting several hours into the game today I’d recommend it.

1 Like