The Relationship Topic

Looking at how many likes on these posts crack me up just because of all the other people similar to me lurking this topic.

Anyways to have something sorta on topic, I had a couple times things got pretty close in the last year but nothing ended up happening. One of them lead to a rough fallout with a best friend that eventually got resolved (followed by another, much more peaceful fallout). I’m just glad neither happened because they rejected me for Chad.

9 Likes

My good impression is usually between the first/“What I look like” and the “when I’m comfortable”

It’s like
Girl that doesn’t know me well: “oh yeah duckie’s great once you get to know him”
Girl that knows me well: “he’s a little strange to me… with all the surreal memes, and the Star Wars, and the homeschooling.”

Please tell me girls actually call you Duckie. I need that to be a thing.

1 Like

One does. But she’s almost three years older than me.

Most of them know the story behind the nickname tho.

1 Like

Three years isn’t anything in the long run.

Dang, now I want to know the story.

1 Like

I want someone younger or at least within a year for now. Doesn’t mean that won’t change though

Hold on I’ll dm it to you

1 Like

So uh

there’s a girl in the improv club I’m in that’s caught my eye, and I introduced myself to her tonight. Which is better than I expected, because she’s not much of a talker.

But this is the first time I’ve actually pursued someone that either (a) I’m not already pretty close with, or at least good friends, or (b) did not go after me first (last girl story I posted).

So I don’t know what I’m supposed to do at this point.

7 Likes

Get closer as friends and be looking for the signs that she’s interested in you. Also look for traits that you don’t want in a wife (from my point of view, all relationships either end in breakup or marriage). If she seems like a good match, and seems to think so too, ask her out or tell her you like her

1 Like

A man with sense I see.

Wait a second, we’re both single, maybe this is saying something…

2 Likes

Well… :joy:

1 Like

This is so tragically sad

5 Likes

Its why he’s alone.

1 Like

That might also be due to the fact that he reads The Relationship Topic™

4 Likes

I just pop in for a joke every once in a while, but I can see that.

2 Likes

Once again, rejected :+1:

1 Like

Could be worse.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I’m here again.

So I’m in choir, and I have a private vocal teacher. There’s this bombshell (literally her hair is atomic blond colored) who also has the same vocal teacher.
In like May, we talked to each other at one of our teacher’s recitals. She was awkward, I was suave.
Fast forward to October. I walk in the room at a choir audition event and see her as I’m walking over to my friends. I say hi, and she throws her arms around me and is like “Oh hi, let me give you a hug!”

Girls. What else can I say?

So I’m like “Oh dang, that happened.” Sadly I didn’t work up the courage to ask for her number then because we in front of a ton of people.

So then last night we’re at a choir concert. I said hi to her at the beginning of the day, but that was it until after the concert that evening. While I’m standing next to my parents she runs over and hugs me again.
The most awkward part about this is that the first time we talked, I was suave and she was awkward, and the next two times, the roles were flipped.
I’m seeing her again in two weeks. Do I ask for her number?

7 Likes

Well she clearly likes you a lot. Romantic implications or no she obviously really enjoys seeing you, so yeah! Go for it. By all means do it.

1 Like

Now, I won’t pretend to be an expert on this sort of thing, but I’d say if you feel you’re ready to be in a relationship, go for it!

1 Like

Either you’re hardcore friendzoned (as in she only sees you as a friend and is super comfortable around you because of this), or she REALLY likes you. Look for her on Facebook right now and send a friend request, because you’re in a position where that’s socially acceptable.