What's going on in your life?

But because of Global warming making the oceans warmer they get stronger, causing more damage.

Plus, maybe they wouldn’t have had enough energy to form a hurricane had the oceans been colder.

3 Likes

I don’t believe in “Global Warming” but rather the natural heating and cooling of the planet. Granted our unnatural amounts of gases we put in the air doesn’t help and definitely isn’t good for us but I personally don’t believe it affects the planet to any great extent.

2 Likes

Wildfire percentages in the United States:
Wildfires can be caused by nature—like lava or lightning—but most are caused by humans. As many as 90 percent of wildland fires in the United States are caused by humans. Some human-caused fires result from campfires left unattended, the burning of debris, negligently discarded cigarettes and intentional acts of arson. The remaining 10 percent are started by lightning or lava

-Fire and Aviational Management, National Park Service U.S. Department of the Interior.

If you’re interested, here are some more percentages from my country (Italy). They’re from 2001; they’re the only ones I could find, so they’re a bit outdated, but this year there have been so many fires that the percentage caused by men couldn’t have done anything but rise. Anyway:

-Natural 1,1%
-Accidental 0,5%
-Culpable 34,4%
-Artificial 60%
-Unknown 4%

Like in America, the natural 1,1% is caused mainly by volcanoes and lightning strikes.

When it comes to the hurricane situation and the floods, although it’s definitely true that (at least in the US, because if we talk about other areas like where I live it’s a different story) hurricanes happen naturally, their intensity is rising because of climate change:

Just about everyone agrees that the amount of rainfall associated with storms and hurricanes is increasing—and the risk of storm surge and coastal flooding is worsening, as well, because of sea-level rise

Katharine Hayhoe, professor of atmospheric science at Texas Tech University and a coauthor of the Climate Science Special Report.

Honestly, since you clearly can’t see the plain obvious, trying to argue with you could very well be a lost cause from the start, so I’ll end it here.

4 Likes

Well, it’s happening whether you believe in it or not…

I mean, the planet does naturally get hotter and cooler, but the main cause of th current heating is that humans are artificially heating the atmosphere through pollutants.

I mean, in Australia the atmosphere is eroded away if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

It is. I have done my own research and found that relatively the temperature is unaffected by artificial means.

I respectfully disagree.

I do not have time to provide a longer answer as I have to leave for school in a few minutes.

1 Like

Right, not to mention that another proof of human caused warming is the sheer speed at which is happening, while natural cycles are very slow and take thousands of years. This is also the reason why biodiversity generally survives such periods by evolving, which doesn’t happen right now because this process takes time (like a ton of it), hence its recent collapsing.

@RAKRONDEWL I gave my sources, give yours for a fair argument.[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:1046, topic:18552”]
I do not have time to provide a longer answer as I have to leave for school in a few minutes.
[/quote]

You can do that later, no problem.[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:1048, topic:18552”]
I believe the universe is only a few thousands of years old (under 10,000) so again I respectfully disagree.
[/quote]

Again, unfunded believes aren’t exactly helpful, so if you could provide some sources, I would gladly appreciate it. It really can do nothing but make a better discussion, I think. As I said before, you can do it later, it’s no problem.

2 Likes

I believe the universe is only a few thousands of years old (under 10,000) so again I respectfully disagree.
I do not have time to provide a longer answer as I have to leave for school in a few minutes but would be glad to continue the conversation later if you wish.

I went outside today to see the beautiful city of Seattle just to see planes flying really low, smoke everywhere, and unbelievably hot weather.

1 Like

oh, you kids and your hurricanes

in the midwest, all we get are tornadoes, and even then, they don’t hit in my area.

in other news, ma has started her job training a day ago.

2 Likes

I mean, you can disagree, but it is happening.[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:1048, topic:18552”]
I do not have time to provide a longer answer as I have to leave for school in a few minutes but would be glad to continue the conversation later if you wish.
[/quote]

Despite Carbon dating and all the research that has proven the Earth alone to be some 4 billion years old?

Unless you can pull out some sources to prove this and your other arguement, I’m going to stick to the facts that Global Warming is happening and that is making Hurricanes and Storms worse…

5 Likes

@RAKRONDEWL sooooooooo it’s dusk where I live (actually no, it’s already super dark, but anyway), so I figured I’d come back and ask for this elusive proof you were talking about…

1 Like

Well if he’s in the same time zone as me, it’s still 1 in the afternoon.

But you guys need to tone it down please. I’m pretty sure whatever he says will not actually change your minds, and you both come off with passive aggression in trying to disprove him/point out he’s wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s kind of a lost cause anyway…

While the hurricane might hit where I live in northwest PA, the mountains around our small little town will hopefully protect us from the majority of the storm, as it’s done for all the smaller ones thatve hit here before.

But this hurricane is making me worry quite a bit. I have a friend who moved to Florida and I dearly hope she doesn’t get hurt.

1 Like

I really hate my life right now

Why is that?

It was the first day of school today and I’m in middle school and I’ve been separated from all of my friends and to top things off there is loads of homework and I’ve been enrolled in honors English without knowing it but there was a summer homework assignment for honors English but since I didn’t know I was in it I didn’t do the assignent

1 Like

Well, right now I’m studying literature history. Which is, like, history and literature combined, which is cool since I like both. Downside of course is that there’s soooo much to read that I barely have time for anything else.

2 Likes

I immediately pictured Cinemasins guy saying “reading”… ding!

3 Likes

First two weeks of college have been interesting. We had a perpetual raincloud hovering over campus that would rain on and off for 3 days.

2 Likes