Official LEGO Ideas Discussion Topic

Click on “Me” in the upper right corner on the homepage once you’re logged in. You should be able to do it from there.

You need to click on your profile in the right corner, next to the search bar, and a dropdown menu should appear. Click on the option called, “My Profile.” It should take you to a new page for your profile and you’ll see your avatar picture on the left side. Underneath it should be a button called “Edit Profile.” Click on it and it will give you an option to change your avatar.

Ah, I had assumed that the button that said “add picture” meant it would add a picture to my bio. I guess I should have tested it first :grin:

now i will hunt you down and stalk you

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: BREAKING NEWS: Bionicle potential for 90th anniversary

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-ideas-baba-yaga-project-achieves-support-in-just-one-day/

An Ideas project based on Baba Yaga, a trickster figure from Slavic folklore, has reached 10k faster than any Ideas project before it. Why this particular project made the record, I can’t be sure, but I’ll take some got dang mythology Lego where I can get it. Even if a certain witch probably used a little magic to make things go her way…

6 Likes

Baba Yaga is awesome. I’d love to have a set of just the house alone.

1 Like

The real play here is to make a diorama where she’s chasing Ant-Man. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, while it looks well-made, it’s kind of suspicious that it got to 10k that quickly. Of course, now that someone else has done it fast, we can really see why Lego was a bit dubious of how quickly the Bionicle set got it’s votes, too.

2 Likes

Bionicle wasn’t that fast. Yeah, it was quicker than most, but nowhere near record-breaking.

I mean come on, I only voted for the bionicle project six times, I’m sure every project that hit 10k has had someone do that.

I didn’t actually do that.

3 Likes

I wanted to support the project yesterday (~12 hours ago), but it already was 10k. Seems to be magic. And even more magic because I assume not that many non-Russian people know Baba Yaga and voted for it, it is very specific. I would’ve buyed it, because it is actually pretty well made, many cool details. Ah yes, and because I am Russian :+1:

EDIT: I meant non-Slavic countries/people

1 Like

It was published on the Russian version of Reddit, Pikabu. Not all of its users are AFOLs, but many of them buy lego occasionally and would love to see a set based on our culture (which is ignored by Lego).

2 Likes

Baba Yaga is is a popular folklore tale in Poland as well. I think it’s know in all Slavic countries actually (even the project’s entry page says that).

Anyhoo, it’s a pretty neat build, I’d gladly buy it (if I wasn’t broke af that is…)

2 Likes

Well, Baba Yaga is probably the most well-known character in Slavic folklore. She’s probably the origin of most modern “witch” tropes today. Doesn’t hurt that the Slavs themselves are the majority ethnic group in the world’s largest country, among others. (And there’s a lot of them in Canada for some reason???)

4 Likes

Looks like the next ideas project will be a lighthouse, a subject matter that has been done many times before in lego. Shame the wallace and gromit sculptures got rejected, it may have resulted in tan crash helmets for gromit’s toes. Oh well, one step forward, two steps back.

11 Likes

Yeah…they always pick the most boring project ideas. Honestly, I don’t know how this, the globe, and the Night Sky painting got to 10,000 supporters.

2 Likes

That “Night sky” is Vincent Van Gough’s Starry Night, one of the most famous paintings out there. As for the others, yeah I have no Idea.

4 Likes

The results are in and the next Ideas sets will be the Jazz Quartet and The Office with possible consideration towards the Snow White cottage. I did not want The Office as the sitcom sets rarely introduce any good constraction parts (I think Big Bang Theory had a green tap and Friends Central Perk had brown technic discs). Jazz Quartet may have something good depending on how specialized the figures are. Snow White has those awesome recolored dwarf hats but they may or may not be molded into specialized head pieces.

I really wanted Willy Wonka to win simply for the tons of bizarre little recolors it would have had. You would’ve seen some awesome mocs come out of that one. Second pick would’ve been Samus’ gunship for the Ridley figure. Besides those two, I really had no interest in any of the other projects. Yay Office!

2 Likes

I miss the days when there were only a handful of sets to reach 10,000 support, and getting 10k was basically confirmation of getting a set. Now you not only have to get 10k, but be the lucky pick out of 50+ entries where only one or two get made.

4 Likes

So I need some help.

I’m working on a time-sensitive project for a friend, and while in stud.io I hit some combinations of keys by mistake, and now everything in the program is skewing towards the camera. It’s extremely nauseating and I desperately need to figure out how to undo it because it’s making me ill.

2 Likes

haha your friend is on it-
maybe

Just wanted to pop in and say that Lego Ideas hosts smaller contests on a regular basis, with former Ideas sets or UCS etc. as prizes. Unlike making a project, you don’t need to spend hours or days promoting your project, you are in to win so to say, with runner up or participation prizes offered (E.g. exclusive minifigure for the Unity game making contest.)

At the moment there is a contest with the theme of Afrofuturism, the artist the contest is inspired by has a very unique, monotone and highly greebled Moc making style and a Moc by him is one of the prizes.

4 Likes